**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Thread ****

Associate
I agree it is pretty poor that updates aren't supported for longer, considering the price of the phones, no excuse for it really.

It is fair to say though that such is the fast pace movemnt of smartphone tech that a 3yr old phone is a poor bit of kit compared to what else you can get even from cheap Chinese brands., most stuff release this year will likely blow away and 8 series, I know my S8 felt terrible in comparison to my families Xiaomi phones from subsequent years, in the end I went to the Note 10 and it performs how I felt the S8+ series should have performed from launch, I almosyt never bought another Samsung I was that unimpressed with the 8.

Had to use Samsung support the other day, my phone kept telling me moisture was in the port and I could not charge, quite a painless process, reported it, repair man came to my door next day and fixed it in my driveway which was nice :D

Soldato
Associate
As time goes on I'm thinking I wont upgrade this year to Note 20 might just get the new Galaxy watch 3

Yeah I'm thinking the same this time, its not going to be a massive upgrade over the 10+ and I really like the 10+.
Also I'm not sure i can justify dropping over a grand on a phone again in these uncertain times when jobs are not as guaranteed as a few months ago. I will probably see out the 2 year updates and see what the Note 21 brings.

Associate
Yeah I'm thinking the same this time, its not going to be a massive upgrade over the 10+ and I really like the 10+.
Also I'm not sure i can justify dropping over a grand on a phone again in these uncertain times when jobs are not as guaranteed as a few months ago. I will probably see out the 2 year updates and see what the Note 21 brings.

I'm actually considering the Fold 2 when Samsung offer an upgrade/extend contract, which kicks in 1 year into 2 year credit contract for buying the phone direct (send Note 10+ 5G, get up to £450 off balance, extend for another year).

I fear the terrible plastic screen (no amount of fancy 'hybrid' glass reinforced nonsense naming is going to hide the fact a finger nail can permanently dent the screen) will stop me.

Associate
If you purchased it directly from Samsung via the 24 month interest free credit loan then https://www.sammobile.com/samsung-upgrade-program/amp/ explains it.

I never sell on my phones, usually keep them as spares, for emergency, IT projects, screen display on my drone remote controller & long holiday walks as GPS maps.

This time though I want rid. I'd probably get a better price on ebay etc but for the hassle if they'll offer me £450 then I'll bite.

Soldato
Is anyone else having issues with delayed whatsapp notifications? its really weird - the message will come in and show on the lockscreen with the whatsapp icon when it comes it - but the edge notification and vibration won't notify for a random amount of time after (seems to vary anything from about 5 seconds to a couple of minutes)

Very odd. I've reset and its not helped, also changed to high performance mode and also not change

Soldato
Anyone had this happen to their screen? Not my pic but almost identical.

http://imgur.com/a/F7f5ltd

Reddit reports suggest that it should be covered under warranty but most of those appear to be in the USA. There's not a mark on the phone itself. I actually thought it was a bug in software to start with then realised it was screen damage.

Soldato
Well all my issues I've been having with the note 10+ have been solved.....

Our mountain biking this morning and it jumped out of my velcro pouch and the following person ran straight over it, screen down

:(:(:(:(:(:(

Back
Top Bottom