**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 20/Ultra Thread ****

Associate
Not at all, really good device but for me personally, as someone who's owned all but the Note 10 in the series, I soon realised the 20 was more of the same and I'm after something a bit different these days.
Yes fair enough, I absolutely love mine coming from an iPhone 11 pro max, just the amount of things you can do with the phone multi tasking wise, they thought of everything!! But I am desiring a z fold 2 now!!!!

Associate
Not at all, really good device but for me personally, as someone who's owned all but the Note 10 in the series, I soon realised the 20 was more of the same and I'm after something a bit different these days.

You had the Snapdragon 20 Ultra, Yes?

Was it as good as people make it out to be?

Did you get to try out see it it picked up 5G.

Did you compare to the Exynos?

Soldato
Yes fair enough, I absolutely love mine coming from an iPhone 11 pro max, just the amount of things you can do with the phone multi tasking wise, they thought of everything!! But I am desiring a z fold 2 now!!!!

Yeah, I caved in which I knew I would. Loved the original fold and my fold 2 should be here anyday now. LG Wing looks quirky and Mate 40 pro plus will be interesting but I need to calm down. :p

Soldato
Perhaps you have a wife and children, or perhaps you are single and enjoying your money. The presence of wife and children is what stops me buying a flood of technological products. It is probably for the best.

Official Samsung site.

We have very little outgoings, so can usually treat myself now and again. Also, I'm constantly offloading stuff to purchase new items. Usually I sell at a minor loss which is acceptable but sometimes at a loss more than I like, really depends on the item. For instance I imported a collectible Infobar phone once, sold it at quite a loss.

Swings and roundabouts I guess, but definitely an expensive pastime.

Associate
Official Samsung site.

We have very little outgoings, so can usually treat myself now and again. Also, I'm constantly offloading stuff to purchase new items. Usually I sell at a minor loss which is acceptable but sometimes at a loss more than I like, really depends on the item. For instance I imported a collectible Infobar phone once, sold it at quite a loss.

Swings and roundabouts I guess, but definitely an expensive pastime.

Fair enough!! I've got a wife and 2 kids but still manage to endulge.myself in technology buys, it's my only vice having given up drinking/drugs ages ago!!!

Let me know if you decide to sell the fold 2!! I want one not sure if i want at retail price though also considering my note 20 ultra only cost me £800, I might stick with it for a while!!

Associate
Fold 2 definitely looks like a beast and there are some good trade in prices. I was sooo close to getting one, especially after using the Huawei Mate XS for a while, but I can't justify 2 premium phones in one year, still have gaming PC to upgrade yet lol.

Soldato
Fair enough!! I've got a wife and 2 kids but still manage to endulge.myself in technology buys, it's my only vice having given up drinking/drugs ages ago!!!

Let me know if you decide to sell the fold 2!! I want one not sure if i want at retail price though also considering my note 20 ultra only cost me £800, I might stick with it for a while!![/

£800 is a cracking price for the Ultra,you can get 20% off the Fold 2 with various cashbacks and referrals etc which softens the price but there's still a bit of a gulf between the two that's difficult to justify.

Can't see my selling it anytime soon but never say never :)

Associate
Did you guys that got the Galaxy Buds Live enquire about the 'skin caps' that you can get for them?

They are a thin silicone sleeve that fit over the speaker end on the Buds Live to make fitting better if they feel loose.

Associate
Just picked one up today.

I’m keeping the film over the glass for the moment at least.

is there a case which covers the screen aswell, ie can you type through a plastic clear screen.

ideally a silicone casing, possibly with kickstand, option to completely encase glass screen ?.

lots to choose from out there.

I never protected my note 9 screen, now the screen is covered in tiny marks.

cheers, Alan.

Associate
Just picked one up today.

I’m keeping the film over the glass for the moment at least.

is there a case which covers the screen aswell, ie can you type through a plastic clear screen.

ideally a silicone casing, possibly with kickstand, option to completely encase glass screen ?.

lots to choose from out there.

I never protected my note 9 screen, now the screen is covered in tiny marks.

cheers, Alan.
The screen protector which came with my Note 10+ lasted me around 11 months before I ripped it off, I plan to do the same with the Note 20 ultra.

Associate
Has anyone experienced this with the s pen? I picked up the note ultra last week and tried the s pen and a drawing app, it does the same when using a note pad too ( it doesn't work an about an inch sq) So I took it back to the ee store yesterday where they exchanged it for a new 1 and its doing exactly the same

Associate
Magnetic case by any chance?
If you download Samsung Members app there is a section where you can go to phone care and interactive checks, try this without any case on for issues first.

Associate
Magnetic case by any chance?
If you download Samsung Members app there is a section where you can go to phone care and interactive checks, try this without any case on for issues first.

You absolute star mate, magnetic phone holder on the rear of the case. Christ I feel stupid.

Back
Top Bottom