• Lavender Purple 128GB Dual Sim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Although I always say I'm not a heavy user (most days is 1hr SOT) I do have everything turned on, location tracking, bluetooth watch connected etc. I don't shut anything down, but then my Pixel 2 XL would be fine with all that.

I'm torn between factory reset (as I probably shouldn't have used a cable and copied all my stuff from the Pixel, I usually like to set up fresh, but thought it better for the video) and toughing it out a couple more days (someone on XDA commented on how theirs settled down after about 3 days).

Associate
I used mine at Spa F1 race on Sunday, was down to 15% battery after unplugging it for 11 hours and only 2.5 hours SoT. Mainly taking pics and vids and running BBC F1 online text coverage (as their circuit commentary was native).

Other half has an S9+ and she was down to 6% with similar usage. I noticed that the screen brightness was on max at one point so that couldn't have been helping.

Passed few days I've been tinkering with it at home using WiFi and playing games, watching streams on Facebook/YouTube. Currently at 33% with 6 hours SoT, unplugged nearly 14 hours ago (predicting 7 hours left) so that'll be less than a full day on above average use.

It does seem to be improving, hopefully it'll settle down soon.

Associate
I'm still waiting for the bag from Samsung upgrade program, a lot have sent theirs in already, I phoned them yesterday and they said it could be up to 7 days after the release.

Soldato
New way of getting into download mode. Power off, hold Volume Down + Bixby buttons and then connect a USB cable to PC to trigger it.
What do you mean by download mode ? :confused:

I normally just plug my mobile phone into my PC and I can download & upload stuff to & from it
(Sometimes need to click the ALLOW button that pops up on screen)

Soldato
Just installed a InvisShield Tempered Glass screen protector. Kinda tricky and you have to use this... LOCA... (runny, liquid glue?) and then cure it under a little UV lamp.

cUL3hYNh.jpg

A little tricky to fit, but I think it's much less noticeable than most I've used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Still no sign of my CPW returns bag. Phoned them this morning to be told give it a few more days.
When I asked about the time for returns only being 7 days from receipt of the new phone I got told not to worry.

Starting to get concerned though that they won't honour the £575 trade in deal if the phone doesn't get back to them till the middle of next week.

Associate
I installed a Whitestone Dome on my gf's S9+ nearly ended in tears that did, luckily being a girl and all she had acetone to hand to clean up the balls up I made of it. Second attempt was nigh on perfect (thankfully).

So I decided not to go down that route and try a tempered glass like I used to have on my non curved mobiles.

Ordered this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07FYBZPMQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In conjunction with a Spigen clear case it is surprisingly good for a 'cheap' screen protector. Bonus being it took all of a minute to fit :D

DSC3051.jpg

DSC3052.jpg

Also came with a clear 'carbon fibre' look back protector. Ironically the Dbrand skin I ordered came the next day :o

Will keep hold of the Dbrand one and replace the free one when it starts to look shabby.

Associate
Still no sign of my CPW returns bag. Phoned them this morning to be told give it a few more days.
When I asked about the time for returns only being 7 days from receipt of the new phone I got told not to worry.

Starting to get concerned though that they won't honour the £575 trade in deal if the phone doesn't get back to them till the middle of next week.
Same here but from Samsung UK, phoned them again today and he said don't worry it's been very busy with the bank holiday etc and he also said they aren't too strict on the 7 day returns rule in these scenarios.
So I will call again tomorrow and make sure its logged, and tomorrow I will contact Samsung about this also.
Edit, I just contacted Samsung who are contacting the company who deal with the trade in/Upgrade program returns, I got them to give me a ticket ref also encase this does roll on a bit, they will contact me tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom