• Lavender Purple 128GB Dual Sim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Battery life is still a bit crap, 60% battery left and only used 45 min screen on time.

Other than a short commute listening to music I've barely used it.

Soldato
Could one of you kind people with the latest update try some of things below for me. As I really dont want to format and downgrade again :(

I use my phone exclusively with full screen enabled and swipe up gestures for recents, home & back. With no gesture hints displayed at the bottom. It works great and fluidly with the top bar only showing on the home screen and apps draw. Is this still the case? Non samsung keyboards work without any borders at the bottom, and apps run using the entire screen.

I use edge panels for quick access to my fav apps. Does this still work as I have now: resize, position, edit features etc?

I have the bixby button 'disabled' and remapped with bxactions, to operate the torch with a single press, whether the phone is awake or not, double press also toggles full screen.

I use Accessibilty Assistant menu, to have a floating icon that pulls down the notification panel with a single tap, and more importantly it enables single tap the answer/reject calls.

I know the Good Lock features are coming in an update, so that should sort the other functions I use.

When I tested the beta 10 UI2 the above didnt work, or at best very erratic. And I couldnt live without them, so wiped the phone back to 9 UI1, which is what I'm running at the mo :)

Thanks
Mick

Caporegime
Could be a coincidence but the recent February security update has noticeably impacted my battery. I can lose 3-4% in idle standby on my train into central London (<20 mins).

And when it gets low, it can drop several percent in a couple of minutes.

Caporegime
Yeah that's why I thought it could also be a coincidence, it just happen to manifest straight after I completed the update.

I miss my Note 4 and been able to swap out the battery :(.

Caporegime
Any one having issues regarding pages opened in Chrome and having to refresh? All my pages are completely refreshing after ~20 seconds of been away/on a particular one. The RAM is seemingly not having a good day.

Edit - at times, it's instant (swap tabs and it immediately has to reload).

Last edited:
Associate
Any one having issues regarding pages opened in Chrome and having to refresh? All my pages are completely refreshing after ~20 seconds of been away/on a particular one. The RAM is seemingly not having a good day.

Edit - at times, it's instant (swap tabs and it immediately has to reload).

Yes, ive had issues with chrome, load a page and it freezes, wont scroll or nothing. I have to go back to the main screen and reload it. It then comes to life.

I've have received the latest March 2020 update this afternoon though, so lets if it happens now. It will determine if its chrome specific or android issue potentially?

Caporegime
Yes, ive had issues with chrome, load a page and it freezes, wont scroll or nothing. I have to go back to the main screen and reload it. It then comes to life.

I've have received the latest March 2020 update this afternoon though, so lets if it happens now. It will determine if its chrome specific or android issue potentially?
Yeah it's definitely a recent thing; first freezes in Chrome where I have to press the home button to kick it back to action, sluggish responsiveness and now the losing its place in memory issue. Can't wait for a 90/120Hz phone and one that doesn't suffer the predictable Samsung lag.

Associate
Well I upgraded to an s20+ at the weekend and I have the same problem I had with the note 9 as stated earlier.

So its defiantly a chrome issue for some reason.

Soldato
I wonder if its Chrome or how the OS handles what memory an app can use? Ive always found Chrome eats quite a bit of memory when looking in the settings.
My Chrome version is 80.0.3987.132 I wonder if yours is any different, being on Android 10

Caporegime
Chrome still running like a dog on my Note 9 - the phone itself, at times, also completely brain farts and performance collapses.

I think a hard reset is needed but have held off as it's a bother to get my work email back on there. I am considering paying Samsung to fix my charging port and replace the battery - coupled with a hard reset I think it would be a completely different phone experience. Plus it would help with selling/or just make an awesome backup phone.

Has anyone used Samsung repair before? The website seems to suggest they can come to you as the repair location is letting me pick home after it asked for a postcode.

Edit - sweet, thanks @pinkpound :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Chrome still running like a dog on my Note 9 - the phone itself, at times, also completely brain farts and performance collapses.

I think a hard reset is needed but have held off as it's a bother to get my work email back on there. I am considering paying Samsung to fix my charging port and replace the battery - coupled with a hard reset I think it would be a completely different phone experience. Plus it would help with selling/or just make an awesome backup phone.

Has anyone used Samsung repair before? The website seems to suggest they can come to you as the repair location is letting me pick home after it asked for a postcode.

Used it twice they will repair in a van outside your home .Very quick and efficient and you keep warranty

Caporegime
Used it twice they will repair in a van outside your home .Very quick and efficient and you keep warranty
Booked. £150 which is a little pricey but I would likely be paying at least £50 for the parts, voiding my warranty and almost certainly buggering up it's IP68 resistance. With a factory reset - this is going to be awesome :cool:.

Back
Top Bottom