• Lavender Purple 128GB Dual Sim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I can't blame him much, the Note 9 was and still is a good phone, especially as he has the slightly better Snapdragon version. In my case I would have held out longer but battery was starting to be a pain as I am a heavy user, my contract was ending, I needed to change network, and the offer I got was too good to say no on the new deal with handset, and upgrades the phone in MOST respects with only a few caveats.

Unfortunately no one, not even Samsung themselves, seem to be making a worthy successor to this phone right now. Even ignoring the stylus, they all fall down somewhere, or lose at least one or two features.

Soldato
Agreed, I would have loved the Note 20 Ultra to be a worthy upgrade, and a better phone, but it just isn't. The Note 9 has so many excellent features, which is why it's the longest serving phone I've ever owned. It ticks so many boxes that other flagships can't touch. I wish Samsung would go back to its roots, and get back with the plot.

Soldato
Nothing has really come out that makes me want to "upgrade".

Performance is still fast and responsive, battery life still great and apart from a bit of black paint that's come away from around the stylus port, its still in excellent condition.

I am tempted to try an Apple device, so interested to see what the iPhone 12 series brings but to be fair, I'm at a point in my life where I'd rather spend my money on other things.

If my Note 9 died on me tomorrow, then I'd probably grab an S20 FE 5G version (with Snapdragon 865 SOC). I think that phone is a great package for the price bracket it's in. That, or a One Plus device.

Caporegime
My battery is being weird again. Two back to back cycles, around 2 hours each and at exactly the same point on my ride back home I noticed the low battery alert. This is despite leaving with at leas 80% on both rides and my screen wasn't on that much as I knew the route. When it gets to this point, the battery starts draining extremely quickly.

This is with a replaced battery as well (less than a year old). At the time I share my location with my wife on WhatsApp and use Strava. It really wasn't that long ago, I was doing multiple hour rides with Google Maps open a lot, and it would be fine. Need to do some investigating.

Soldato
My battery is being weird again. Two back to back cycles, around 2 hours each and at exactly the same point on my ride back home I noticed the low battery alert. This is despite leaving with at leas 80% on both rides and my screen wasn't on that much as I knew the route. When it gets to this point, the battery starts draining extremely quickly.

This is with a replaced battery as well (less than a year old). At the time I share my location with my wife on WhatsApp and use Strava. It really wasn't that long ago, I was doing multiple hour rides with Google Maps open a lot, and it would be fine. Need to do some investigating.

Could be an app draining the battery. How about a battery monitor, what does the battery stat say ?

Caporegime
Could be an app draining the battery. How about a battery monitor, what does the battery stat say ?
I have had a look at Accubattery but can't see anything that jumps out. It's a shame I didn't see the rate of the drop before it got to low battery those two times. I went out yesterday using Strava and sharing my live WhatsApp location with my wife and the drain seemed absolutely fine. I did replace my janky screen protector though which has made the phone look a lot better, but boy was the process stressful with the glue and excess dripping down the sides.

Soldato
Anyone managed to replace the S-Pen on this without getting ripped off or getting a knock off one?

Few on eBay but really not sure how much I trust them, most just have stock pics.

Soldato
OP
Anyone managed to replace the S-Pen on this without getting ripped off or getting a knock off one?

Few on eBay but really not sure how much I trust them, most just have stock pics.

I broke my s-pen week before trading in for the note 10 :( .Took me 3 different orders from Amazon and 1 from ebay to get a legit spen 2 had none removable :confused: tips and ebay 1 was crap . Mine was the yellow pen with blue clicker

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Or...1&keywords=note+9+s+pen&qid=1613914042&sr=8-3

Soldato
Yup that's the only one I saw too that looks legit, just definitely not my choice of colour and £35 :(

I've got a spare black Note 9 S-Pen, I upgraded to the yellow pen shortly after buying the phone two years ago, so it's not been used much, if at all. £15 plus some postage and you can have it with the unused tips and extractor. If you're interested make a post in the wanted forum and I'll reply ;)

SuiXKkh.jpg

Soldato
I've got a spare black Note 9 S-Pen, I upgraded to the yellow pen shortly after buying the phone two years ago, so it's not been used much, if at all. £15 plus some postage and you can have it with the unused tips and extractor. If you're interested make a post in the wanted forum and I'll reply ;)

SuiXKkh.jpg

Sounds a good offer, I've just discovered though that the handset (got it from a family member) has some slight screen burn on it so I'll have a think about whether I want to keep it to begin with! I'll let you know if I'm interested and it's still available

Soldato
No worries, it's not in use or anything. In fact my Note 9 is not used any more. I did have the Note 20 Ultra, for a coupe of months, but sold it after not getting on with it.

I'm now using and loving an Xperia 5ii. The screen is excellent, so is the speed. It's nice having a more pocketable phone, and being able to reach the left hand side of the screen with one hand :D
And I'm not missing the S-pen yet.

Caporegime
No worries, it's not in use or anything. In fact my Note 9 is not used any more. I did have the Note 20 Ultra, for a coupe of months, but sold it after not getting on with it.

I'm now using and loving an Xperia 5ii. The screen is excellent, so is the speed. It's nice having a more pocketable phone, and being able to reach the left hand side of the screen with one hand :D
And I'm not missing the S-pen yet.
If @neoboy falls through - shotgun via MM :).

Soldato
It'll be up to them what they want to do with it, screen burn is very faint and it works fine so would still make a solid phone for someone who ain't as picky as me :D

Caporegime
Hhhhmmm not sure if this falls under Android, Samsung, Bose or a Note 9 issue but just discovered an apparent bug. When using my BTNC 4.5 headphones and a call comes through, not answering the call or cancelling seems to result in my audio not working. The volume bar still thinks it's at a certain level, headphones still connected but no sound comes from the media on my phone. Turning the headphones on and off again fixes it though.

Back
Top Bottom