1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by Robbo, 3 Aug 2012.

1. Omen123

Gangster

Failed me once, not sure if I set it for the day before, but pretty sure it said 'Alarm set in 5 hours'

Don't know what's up with it, I mean on Wednesday it didn't even go off in the morning.

Any good clock apps that I can grant admin access to, or don't I need to?

I need a clock that doesn't need to be open in the apps for the alarm to work.

But for the other 4 days it has been fine.

2. illuz

Mobster

Mine hasn't failed me yet mate, I even put mine on mute as to stop texts or phone calls etc waking me up!

3. Amraam

Mobster

Got my Note2 today, couldn't resist any longer. Only problem so far is touchwiz often crashes if I try to open or close a folder on the homescreen. Not fussed anyway, they're fugly :D. My iPhone4 looks so small now it's crazy.

4. The $6m Dan

Wise Guy

You don't have the 'Blocking' feature activated do you. This does have the ability to silence alarms

5. Amraam

Mobster

Will NFC work with RFID tags? If so I can 'borrow' several from work to give it a blast :D

6. Squink

Soldato

Any opinions on the pitfalls of buying one from eBay at £420 (unlocked), shipped from Hong Kong? The seller has good feedback and it's cheap enough to write off the likely difference in resale value for not having an LTE version.

I'm thinking that one of these plus a SIM only plan from three at a tenner a month is a pretty good saving over 24 months. It's coming to in the region of £30/month on contract (including cashback), while this would work out at £25/month including cashback on the SIM.

7. McPhee

Soldato

l deleted the S-Pen page ...how do I get it back?

8. e36Adz

Capodecina

Anyone overclocked their Note 2 to 1.8ghz? Few questions :

Any stability issues?
    Did you need to increase cpu voltage for 1.8ghz?
    Which kernel allows oc?

I am rooted atm on the latest stock jelly bean. Would I simply flash the kernel via odin on pc?

9. Amraam

Mobster

Samsung app store I'd imagine. Probably even get it from their website, and install using a file manager

10. Amraam

Mobster

If you trust it, then go for it. I paid £510 from phones4u and I don't care in the slightest - the phone is amazingly good. I think of it as a sat nav too so there's a good amount of the cost already covered :)

£12 giff gaff for me :)

11. Omen123

Gangster

Hi, just go onto Settings, Display, page buddy (make sure it's selected), and enable S-pen page ;)

12. Matson

Mobster

im curious to know about this aswell

13. weringo

Sgarrista

Anyone know how to stop the silly sidebar appearing after you hold back for too long?

14. e36Adz

Capodecina

Keep hold of back and it disappears.

15. weringo

Sgarrista

Yes... but how do you disable the process of it appearing in the first place?

16. e36Adz

Capodecina

:eek: Why would you want to do that, it's for the multi tasking! Although to be fair I've only used it very little myself since I got my Note II but it's a nice feature to have. Not sure how to disable it.

17. sugoi

Gangster

is it only certain versions of the note 2 which has the multitasking capability? i didn't get mine from T-Mobile or Orange, and when i keep hold of the back button for a long time, nothing happens, i do not have this feature like on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6c7XaDWmJg

any ideas?

18. weringo

Sgarrista

I've got the LTE version so it might be specific to that

Be grateful you don't have it, it's just annoying :p

19. maddness

Soldato

overclock :eek:, isn't it fast enough already :D

20. Omen123

Gangster

It's on every version, the multi-tasking. You just have to do a software update - pretty obvious on how to do one, just find it in the settings.

The GT7105 (LTE) has less support for the different rooting tweaks you can do. I think it doesn't have a radio either. But apart from that, all the versions in the UK are exactly the same, spec + standard software wise.