Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by Robbo, 3 Aug 2012.
Does nova require root?
Thanks, I'll give it a go this afternoon.
Loving this phone more and more
Nope, tons of settings + looks miles better. Feels like a new phone and landscape mode is a must on the note 2!
There's a free version too but, I just got the paid for the couple of other tweaks. So pleased with the Nova launcher.
I don't think I'll ever install any roms, the only reason I rooted was to move 4/5 big games to my SD card using GL to SD
Has anyone tried Apex Launcher Pro on their Note 2 yet? and if so, what were your opinions on it?
Am using that at present on my SGS2 and am very close to getting a Note 2 for the fact that it looks better, will be better for working on and IS SHINY...
Am really liking Apex on the SGS2 but was wondering if it transposed over well onto the Note 2
I tried it, it's okay but j just prefer nova much more-much snappier with all the animations turned off, and looks great + has a few great features
Apex is the better launcher imo. Has more features and you get more control over things, however the last few releases have been very poor, get glitches when scrolling in the widgets and scrolling backwards in the app drawer is Laggy so i am using Nova till those areas are fixed, much smoother, less buggy overall. Although the bugs it has are also annoying for me; landscape view looks awful compared to apex, has a lot more redraws (probably won't be as bad on devices with 2gb RAM) and takes longer to restore than apex when that happens. I hate that you don't have infinite scrolling in the app drawer either. Nova has more gesture based features and app drawer folders.
"Borrowed" some RFID tags from work today, and been fiddling with the NFC tasker app. Very impressive and the list of things you can configure is huge. Very impressed.
It doesn't really have any more features. Nova isn't laggy at all, and I haven't found any bugs. Landscape view is great, It has it all neatly laid out and the google search + google play bar on the left. The apps viewer and the way the folders are organised, as well as how simple it is to set custom dimensions make it the best launcher. I just can't stand infinite scrolling I like to know when I get to the 'end'.
Nova is lovely.
Apex has this over nova:
- can set a gesture for when you swipe down on dock icons as well as when you swipe up
nova only has swipe up
- infinite scroll in app drawer (PITA this as I have over 80 apps installed thus don't want to have to scroll all the way back just to get to the start again)
- option to keep apex in memory
- has more animation choices including options for the app drawer open/close animation
- can set the wallpaper for the apex to be off, quite nice this as I switch to a black wallpaper quite a lot, however, I want my lockscreen to have a wallpaper thus can set the wallpaper and have it being shown on the lockscreen but also have a black wallpaper on my homescreens
don't have this in nova
- no separate option for the indicator for the app drawer in nova, can only have the page indicator in the app drawer if you have the homescreen indicator turned on, with apex you got two options (the homescreen and app drawer)
- more control over the themes in apex, can choose to apply what you want from the theme, be it the font, icons etc. Nova just applies the entire theme
- can adjust the width margin in the app drawer with apex
- dock backgrounds/themes in apex
- got more "fine" tuning for the animation speed rather than just fast, stock, nova etc. presets
- don't have to install a separate app for the dock notifications
Amongst other things, granted they aren't really "features" and that probably wasn't the best word to use, I guess I should have said the way it works and how the features are implemented are better than nova
NOVA has this over apex:
- app drawer folders
- more gesture based stuff for the homescreen, like anti clockwise rotate etc.
- smoother in the app drawer when scrolling back
- proper ICS open/close app animation
What do you mean by the "apps viewer" and the way the folders are organised? Also what custom dimensions? Both launchers have control of the grid size (although I can't see an option to change the landscape grid size for the homescreen with nova....) and width/height margins for the dock/homescreen, although nova only offers 2 settings for the dock height margin (medium and large)
Regarding landscape view:
Just buckled and upgraded to a note two any must have apps or things to do
get a case, to protect it!
I still keep coming back to launcher pro. Old school abandonware it may be, but the widgets are great.
Should dump that and put apex/nova on and buy APW widgets, far better combination.
No gmail widget so depends if the touch wiz widget works with it. Will check it out, thanks.
Got my Note 2 finally! What an amazing phone, the blue tint is a little annoying when you compare it to other phones but after having been stuck with a Lumia 800 for so long it's nice to no longer have to settle with a compromised experience (although I do miss the live tiles).
Am I going mad or does the default mail app not work properly with push notifications?
Ok guys, for those wanting to add more of their apps to the tab so they work on the multi-screen, here is the easiest way to do it:
I've tried it and its not worked so I've done something wrong and I'll bet it's something very obvious Can fornowagain or others please help me out, heres what I've done.
I'm on a rooted N7100 (LJ1)
I have just installed CWM.
I made the .zip file using the program (see link above) by compiling a list such as...
I saved the .zip file (for LJ1) on my phone and switched off and booted into CWM.
I 'installed the .zip from sdcard' and selected the file and installed it.
I rebooted phone.
Phone starts up and I hold the back button to bring up the tab and its just the standard apps still, nothing from the list I've made. Can anyone see what I've done wrong?
Need to insure this, wheres the best place? protect my bubble is £6 a month was hoping for £4
Is there something wrong with my handset, or does the Note II take 6-8 hours to charge? Put it on (from flat) at something like 11am and it's only at 73%. Been noticing this overnight as well - sometimes I only sleep for 4 or 5 hours, wake up to go to work and the Note isn't full. Never had a phone like that before.
Charging from mains, or PC USB?
Separate names with a comma.