*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
My charging problems are sorted - the bundled USB cable is broken. I guess that would explain why I couldn't get my PC to see my handset as well - I assumed it was driver related, but tried a different cable and suddenly it worked!

Soldato
This thing is totally amazin. lol coming from a 5 year old phone its like a totally new experiance. The only downside so far is thats its too addictive:D

Soldato
Glad to hear it mate. What you installed so far?

Just a few things to test it out. Shadow galaxy live wallpaper and the others that are similiar. Some games..angry birds star wars, death dome, dead trigger ect and my orange swappables like deezer.trying out paper artist with pictures, tryed a few movies ect. Updated firmware. Any hints on anythings i should get?

Soldato
Just a few things to test it out. Shadow galaxy live wallpaper and the others that are similiar. Some games..angry birds star wars, death dome, dead trigger ect and my orange swappables like deezer.trying out paper artist with pictures, tryed a few movies ect. Updated firmware. Any hints on anythings i should get?

If you have a microUSB to USB adaptor you can play Dead Trigger with a PS3 controller btw.

Soldato

IMO, PowerAmp and Swiftkey are must haves. Nova launcher is good and I like it a lot, but I wouldn't quite say it's must have.

Soldato
IMO, PowerAmp and Swiftkey are must haves. Nova launcher is good and I like it a lot, but I wouldn't quite say it's must have.

Finally just got swype back on my s3 and got rid of swiftkey that i have been using in the meantime. I dont get the fuss with swiftkey i find it horrible for adding words and stuff that i dont want when i press space etc.

Swype is just so much faster and slicker to use.

Man of Honour
Finally just got swype back on my s3 and got rid of swiftkey that i have been using in the meantime. I dont get the fuss with swiftkey i find it horrible for adding words and stuff that i dont want when i press space etc.

Swype is just so much faster and slicker to use.

I'm the same, although I'll give swiftkey flow a go when it's released.

Caporegime
The only problem with SwiftKey is the lack of stylus support. I've really started to like using the stylus for emails and forums. It's really accurate and quick. Only problem is that the Samsung error correction sucks compared to SwiftKey.

Associate
Swiftkey 3 is great! It's fantastic at word predicting + auto-correcting. Shame it doesn't work with the s pen. And when using multitasking the popup keyboard doesn't appear. Doesn't matter too much though since I hardly use multitasking.

I was wondering if anybody knows how to set a landscape lock screen. This is without flashing a new ROM, I just use touchwiz + nova launcher. My note 2 is rooted.

Also what about a sufficient stand to keep my note 2 on when it's on my desk? I currently have a mini plastic one that has no grip and slides about.

Last edited:
Soldato
Swiftkey 3 is great! It's fantastic at word predicting + auto-correcting. Shame it doesn't work with the s pen. And when using multitasking the popup keyboard doesn't appear. Doesn't matter too much though since I hardly use multitasking.

I was wondering if anybody knows how to set a landscape lock screen. This is without flashing a new ROM, I just use touchwiz + nova launcher. My note 2 is rooted.

Also what about a sufficient stand to keep my note 2 on when it's on my desk? I currently have a mini plastic one that has no grip and slides about.

Doesnt work with SPen? In what way? I use it to type often?

Soldato
final fantasy 3 is really fun on this, can see it being quite addictive lol, it just feels like your playing on a psp or a ds with this thing.

Loving the deezer orange swappable which pretty much lets me listen to and download any song.

Paper artist is great fun for messing around with the pen.

All in all its really great so far. Could really use a micro sd card though as you soon run out of space with the inbuilt storage.

Associate
final fantasy 3 is really fun on this, can see it being quite addictive lol, it just feels like your playing on a psp or a ds with this thing.

Loving the deezer orange swappable which pretty much lets me listen to and download any song.

Paper artist is great fun for messing around with the pen.

All in all its really great so far. Could really use a micro sd card though as you soon run out of space with the inbuilt storage.

Make sure you get one! Great for just putting lots of videos + pictures + music on, also you can set the camera to store photos + videos directly on the sd card instead of the internal memory.

I'd recommend the 64GB san disk class 10. It costs £40

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sandisk-Ult...KM30/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353190552&sr=8-1

If 32GB is really enough for you then, it costs £20
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0084DWCTW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353190561&sr=8-1

I wouldn't really pick any other since class 10 is the fastest, and future proof. These two cards are reliable, come with a good warranty, and are not too expensive for what they are.

Associate
Anybody know of a sturdy desk stand for my note 2 in landscape mode? I have a portable one, just need a really nice one which offers a good, more upright viewing angle + doesn't move about. I don't want a dock.

Back
Top Bottom