1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by Robbo, 3 Aug 2012.

1. Teledude

Mobster

Just flashed RedPill 0.6 too as was bored - will monitor battery usage tomorrow :)

2. e36Adz

Capodecina

May be a silly question teledude but does the kernel on that rom allow overclocking?

3. Teledude

Mobster

Not the included one no.

4. Woden

Soldato

When I plug in to USB, can I just dump stuff in the "Movies" folder and expect it to work?

5. sugoi

Gangster

yeah or any folder... think the default video player finds the videos anyway.

6. robgmun

Capodecina

I just dump it in downloads for the day

7. Woden

Soldato

Think I need to find better looking widgets. Using the AccuWeather one for clock/weather but it takes up half the screen.

8. Amraam

Mobster

Where do you all buy your OTG cables?

9. Shelster

Wise Guy

Just got mine now......damn its big (actress/bishop)

Am giving it a charge before I have a play on it. Rather excited

10. Omen123

Gangster

use nova launcher. It supports landscape mode, and you can adjust the home screen app grid. Mines 5x7 and it looks great in both portrait and landscape.

Nova launcher also can copy / import your layout from touchwiz so it makes it easy to switch. You can also practically re-size any widget or app too! :D

Getting it for landscape mode alone makes it worth it,an even though you can just get the free one :p

11. tom_e

Man of Honour

I got mine off ebay

12. Matson

Mobster

is it normal when scrolling through the menus and through the different screens for it to stutter a little when your low on storage space?: i have about 1gb left and before it was silky smooth but it stutters a little now.

13. Woden

Soldato

Got my phone yesterday. After the initial charge, a whole 2 hours, it has lasted me just under 20 hours. I am rather impressed with that. 33% of this was Draw Something.

14. DIABLO

Soldato

[​IMG]

Watch TVCatchup while surfing the web and absolutly no slowdown, all on a phone, pretty awesome i say.

15. Woden

Soldato

Very awesome. I know the S3 is getting it soon, but there's no way will it be half as useable (though still a nifty thing to have probably). Purely from a screen size issue.

16. richardirv

Hitman

Has anyone else experienced major slow down and crashing issues with the stock gallery? It seems to happen after I have taken new pictures with the camera, when I go into the gallery and load one of the pictures up it immediately grinds to a crawl then eventually locks up. Phone restart seems to fix but does happen again & again. I figured out yesterday that turning wifi off before looking at pictures seems to stop this happening.

My first thought is its the instant upload but I had this on my HTC Sensation and it never used to slow anything down, and with the Note 2 being so powerful I can't imagine instant upload to cause it to slow down significantly.

Any ideas?

17. sugoi

Gangster

looks like the N7105 LTE models just got the multitasking update from Samsung officially, I've looked at it but can anyone tell me what the EDIT button does? You can drag applications into the area after you click edit, but not sure what happens?

18. richardirv

Hitman

I don't see an edit button? were is it?

19. DIABLO

Soldato

It's a place to store apps you don't want clogging up the bar.

20. richardirv

Hitman

I just don't seem to have any options to remove or add apps to the multi task bar. Its a stock rom so I know I can't just add catch up tv etc. But I thought I could still remove apps I don't want in there etc