1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by Robbo, 3 Aug 2012.

1. sugoi

Gangster

Oh thats what its for, am I right in assuming that the apps already listed are all the ones capable of multitasking? Otherwise they're not listed as u cant drag any app into it

Last edited: 22 Nov 2012
  2. e36Adz

Capodecina

Hold back until the bar pops up. Click Edit at the bottom of the bar, and drag off screen the app you want to remove?

3. richardirv

Hitman

No edit button on mine. Just a list of apps.

4. e36Adz

Capodecina

That's weird, I've also just read your previous posts and the problems you have been having. What network did you buy your phone on? If I was you I would do a factory reset and flash the leaked 4.1.2 stock rom from here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2003653

5. The Darkness

Hitman

mines just arrived...but gotta wait for voda to transfer me over to new sim :(

6. DIABLO

Soldato

Yes that is right, i did the hack and the apps i added such as catchuptv appeared in the box then i dragged them onto the bar.

7. miniyazz

Soldato

Do you need to be running a stock recovery to update? I switched to cyanogenmod to install Cerberus as I couldn't install it properly with Odin and now I come to check for updates it tells me my phone has been modified and can't be updated :p
    I don't want to go back to stock recovery only to still have that problem! :/

8. sugoi

Gangster

mine's stock, and I haven't installed any custom rom, i can only guess thats why you never got the update.

9. richardirv

Hitman

My previous problems have gone now, I did a factory reset, the only thing I have not done this time round was add a PIN lock, I had suspected that it was the issue for the alarms not going off but I haven't confirmed it yet.

It was purchased direct from EE in store. Mine is the LTE N7105 by the way.

I don't really want to flash it, I can live without the custom multi window apps I think although it would be nice if you could add apps without flashing.

Last edited: 23 Nov 2012
  10. e36Adz

Capodecina

11. Amraam

Mobster

Hmm I said I wasn't going to go the custom rom route, but I may try this. Can mass storage mode be enabled on this rom?

Last edited: 23 Nov 2012
  12. Omen123

Gangster

Anybody having issues with their wall charger? When mine's charging my phone the sound is unbearable, such a high pitched whining noise.

I bought a spare plug and a couple of extra cables. The spare plug is the 1A charger, the one used with the s3. It charges slower, might take about 35% longer to charge, but it makes no noticeable noise and is nice and peaceful.

Does mine 2A charger supplied with my note 2 just have a problem, do I need to call Samsung?

13. wannabedamned

Capodecina

Hi guys, I just keep discovering lovely little surprises with this little device :D

The ability to stream from my phone to my Xbox 360!? Brilliant :D

Now I've found out this little feature, I'd like to expand the memory of the phone. Whats the maximum size I can put in? 32GB Micro SDHC?

I may just pick up a few 16GB cards.

temporary solution while I get a proper desktop machine up and running

14. maddness

Soldato

64gb should be fine, I'm sure e36 has a 64gb in his Note 2

15. kona786

Capodecina

64GB Class 10 will work 100% - it's about £40

16. Woden

Soldato

Using a Blackberry 5V, 2A charger here and no noise.

17. Omen123

Gangster

I was wondering, since I've rooted mine and use the standard touchwiz with nova prime loader........

When android updates come out, and android 4.2, how do I update? Do I need to delete everything, or will flashing a new version work, and I won't have to set up my phone again?

Also how do I update to the newest version of the software for the note 2? I just about rooted my phone since I'm new to rooting, so I don't know much in that aspect just yet.

18. trentlad

Mobster

Just a question for Note II users.

Why did you choose the Note II over S3 or Nexus 4? Seems like the S3 is a carbon copy but with a larger community, and the Nexus 4 is Google's flagship baby.

I'm stuck between the three

19. Nexus18

Capodecina

I imagine the main reasons being the size and quality of the screen and super awesome battery life of it as well as the S-pen.

20. Woden

Soldato

Size initially. But the CPU is a lil faster and double the RAM.

The RAM was a big one, surely that must help when running 2 apps on the screen