*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
Anybody having issues with their wall charger? When mine's charging my phone the sound is unbearable, such a high pitched whining noise.

That sounds faulty. I've never heard mine make any sort of sound and it is normally on charge at night when my room is totally silent so I'm sure I'd have noticed any noise.

Whats the maximum size I can put in? 32GB Micro SDHC?

64GB cards work fine, I have one of the older class 6 cards but you can get class 10 64GB cards for ~ £40 now.

Just a question for Note II users.

Why did you choose the Note II over S3 or Nexus 4?

The main two reasons are screen size and battery life. The multi-app tab is excellent too, I've just flashed a new ROM and I can use pretty much all my apps in split screen mode now. It's annoying when watching catchuptv or when in an app and having to exit out to reply to a text, I don't have to anymore! :)

Soldato
To those who have overclocked their Note to 1.8Ghz, which kernel did you flash?

BTW Note II owners, Spiderman is down to 69p at the moment from £4.99. It runs very smooth on the Note II and has nice graphics! :)

Caporegime
Just a question for Note II users.

Why did you choose the Note II over S3 or Nexus 4? Seems like the S3 is a carbon copy but with a larger community, and the Nexus 4 is Google's flagship baby.

I'm stuck between the three

Love the screen size yet was surprisingly easy to fit in my jeans pocket.

The battery life however was the main thing for me. I can get up at 7, browse BBC news for a bit, use Satnav to get to a regional office, play games at lunch time whilst making various calls and texting during the day, use Satnav to get home, use universal remote for the htpc, play some word feud and draw something, send some emails and use Facebook, then watch YouTube music vids or a south park episode in bed, and still have 20% battery left when I fall asleep. Oh and it zips through the above like nobody's business.

It's ludicrously good.

Soldato
Anybody having issues with their wall charger? When mine's charging my phone the sound is unbearable, such a high pitched whining noise.

I bought a spare plug and a couple of extra cables. The spare plug is the 1A charger, the one used with the s3. It charges slower, might take about 35% longer to charge, but it makes no noticeable noise and is nice and peaceful.

Does mine 2A charger supplied with my note 2 just have a problem, do I need to call Samsung?

Mine makes the same sound and I was concerned about it too. It doesn't do it when charging from USB so I'm confident it's just the charger itself. I've got plenty of mains USB adapters so I'll just swap if need be.

Soldato
What is the default quadrant score for a stock Note II? I just ran it and scored over 7000 which seems much higher then normal? I'm on a 4.1.2 based rom, although I know quadrant isn't the most accurate of benchmarks.

Soldato
Ran it again, now 6882 which is still much higher then before, I'm sure I'd get around 6000 previously. The only thing iv done is flash the ROM that teledude linked too a page or two back. I know the Dev has removed some bloatware but it really is flying on this ROM, don't think I'll bother with another kernel as I was gonna overclock but don't see the need now.

Soldato
is the note 2 we buy the international version?

I was curious as The Note2Core 1.0 kernel is compatible with the International versions of the Galaxy Note 2 (Regular and LTE) – no joy right now for the carrier based variants yet.

Soldato
Flashed another zip file on top of the rom which changes the icons and has a few other small tweaks. The icons look much better then the standard touchwiz ones and the multi-app tab also looks better now.

2ivhgu9.jpg

Using Starfield 2.0 Live Wallpaper at the moment.

35n4snn.jpg

Note 2 @ stock speeds.

Soldato
How do you improve i/o? looking at your scores for the seperate things the only one thats different compared to mine is i/o score. I get about 6000 where you have over 11000. Is the only way to improve that to change to another rom?

Caporegime
GPS on this is great. My DHD took AGES to locate a satellite; I just thought it was because I was in a bad area. This locks on within ten seconds every time. Superb.

One thing with the Google navigation though, sometimes in bad reception areas it just bongs instead of telling me to turn left or right. Surely it stores basic nav commands within the app? And how long is it going to be a beta for

Associate
should i get adobe flash player 11 for my note 2? as i understand it the note 2 doesnt have a flash player so is this a must get program?

how do you download that? When i go to adobe site, it says flash is not available?

I need a flash player plugin for the built-in browser (Ps what is the built-in browser called?)

Back
Top Bottom