*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
I use an app called sd booster. Try that.

what did you set cache size to?

I set it to 1024 and my quadrant score is now 6800-7000 so yeah its improved it as im getting 8000 in i/o now. Still not as good as yours but better than it was.
im mostly getting near 7000 now because my cpu score has gone up to 17000

Last edited:
Associate
Mine makes the same sound and I was concerned about it too. It doesn't do it when charging from USB so I'm confident it's just the charger itself. I've got plenty of mains USB adapters so I'll just swap if need be.

Should I call up samsung and ask for a replacement plug, since it charges faster than the 1A ones I have, but makes such an irritating noise.

Soldato
I set it to 2048.

the default was 256 right?
to be honest im finding these benchmarks useless lol with smart bench my scores vary from 4900 to 5400 and with quadrant they go from 5900 to 7000 after doing about 10 tests in a row so they dont seem very good really for judging speed.

Associate
Why does everybody say the samsung music player is horrible? I tried poweramp, and I prefer the samsung music player. I don't mess around with custom equalizers though, but I think the samsung music widget is fine, artists + playlists + songs are easily organised, and it pretty much offers all of what was offered on my iphone, but with a few more features.

What's so good about poweramp?

Also is there any way at all I can have a landscape lock screen, so when I put my phone on a stand, I don't have to unlock it awkwardly. Nova launcher is great, would be fantastic if I could do this :p

Lastly, is there any way I can launch the camera app without unlocking my phone? I have a passcode.

Thanks

Soldato
Why does everybody say the samsung music player is horrible? I tried poweramp, and I prefer the samsung music player. I don't mess around with custom equalizers though, but I think the samsung music widget is fine, artists + playlists + songs are easily organised, and it pretty much offers all of what was offered on my iphone, but with a few more features.

What's so good about poweramp?

Also is there any way at all I can have a landscape lock screen, so when I put my phone on a stand, I don't have to unlock it awkwardly. Nova launcher is great, would be fantastic if I could do this :p

Lastly, is there any way I can launch the camera app without unlocking my phone? I have a passcode.

Thanks

I dont think you use the cam without unlocking like you can do on the iphones, I had a look around but couldnt find anthing

Associate
Well, so far so good....nearly with my Note 2.

Have a lot to learn to get the most out of it me thinks.

Biggest gripe so far is to do with signal levels on the phone. Out and about, signal is great, yet it appears the moment I get home, the phones decides to drop off the mobile network and unregisters, meaning I make or receive any calls or texts (kind of the main reason for a phone really). Has anyone else had issues with theirs (am on T-Mob here-have posted on their forums but dont expect much of a response from there tbh)

Soldato
Updated my phone to Mr Luongs Latest ROM (V5.1), then flashed a modded motomoto theme over it for visual tweaks.

Android 4.1.2 XXDLJ2

2e4fekg.jpg

2vv2crn.jpg

17wfar.jpg

No more nasty touchwiz green.

Flashing the modded theme over the ROM has however let to one pretty major glitch, maybe I did something wrong I'm not sure. I cannot access the phone dialer, it just forces close. Everything else seems to work perfectly. Luckily though I can ring and receive calls and receive/send messages to everyone on my contacts list, the problem only occurs when I try access the dialer. Any ideas how I could fix that?

Soldato

Thanks

Yes, standard lock screen settings page.

Make sure 'With swipe lock' is checked, then go into Lock screen options. enable Shortcuts and tap it to choose which shortcuts show on the lock screen. Further down, under features, there is the camera quick access feature, which opens the camera if you tap and hold on the screen then rotate to landescape whilst still holding.

Soldato
Thanks. I will try that.

Q: from another "shop" I am looking to buy:

San disk 64GB Mobile Ultra Class 6 Micro SD SDXC MicroSD Memory Card 64 G GB

will this "work" on Note 2? I ask because of SDXC part in the description?

how much is it?

class 10 is £40, both will work fine. Note2 supports SDXC.

Soldato
I got 6 hrs 53 mins screen time today from a full charge. Wifi, GPS and Mobile Data are always on, I have a live wallpaper set, and I'm in a WhatsApp family group of about 15 (which I've muted) which is always active. Used mainly for browsing and some light gaming, the battery is just unbelievably good.

Back
Top Bottom