**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Soldato
I am thinking of getting a S20 FE to replace my S7. It is a choice between thr S20 FE or pixel 5, the main thing going for the Pixel 5 has a slightly better camera. Has/does anyone use gcam for their S20 FE and does it improve over the pic quality compared to the stock cam app?

Caporegime
Weird issue with my wife's base S20. It's constantly connecting and disconnecting with our home WiFi. Just installed a pending update and reset network settings but the problem is still there.

Soldato
Don't know what I'm doing wrong, I've never had any phone I have had last a full day with anywhere near 8 hours screen on time.

I can't just be unlucky surely?

I've had S7, S8, S9, S10, S20 Ultra (current)

Caporegime
Don't know what I'm doing wrong, I've never had any phone I have had last a full day with anywhere near 8 hours screen on time.

I can't just be unlucky surely?

I've had S7, S8, S9, S10, S20 Ultra (current)

A lot of battery life will depend on what apps you are using and also signal strength where you are using the phone. For example, FB app seems horrendous at eating battery and no way will you get 8 hours FB screen time.

Soldato
Can anyone help please. A friend sent an upday link news report the other day and now my phone won't stop sending toast notifications of news alerts.

Upday isn't installed as an app and when I go into Samsung Members it says install when I find Upday on there.

So how is this Upday sending notifications.

Edit: Just found it in Notifications settings. Upday is present there. Still don't get how it's not installed anywhere but still has it present.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
I don't have upday installed either but if you send me the same link I'll open it on my phone and see if I get the same alerts and then figure out what's triggering it and hopefully the same fix will apply to yours?

I'm on beta 2 of OneUI 4 now as of the release 2 days ago. They've added bounce animations on scroll, improved smoothness of animations and a bunch of other stuff too.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Hmm it loads on my browser )Firefox) and I can click the button to "get update" which takes me to the app store. No notifications though. I imagine it has triggered the web app thing where you can run certain apps directly without installing them which is why you're seeing it in notification settings. I'd turn it off from there which will disable the notifications.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Ah I've found it. Whilst the app isn't installed, the background service handler is a system app, you need to disable that via the Apps list and showing system apps from Android settings.

Settings > Apps > on the rounded grey box where the list of apps starts there's a little button, top right area of the rounded corner, click that and toggle show system apps then click ok and scroll down to upday. You can then disable it.

Associate
Is anyone else noticing since 4.0 update wifi is really slow? ... web pages seem to hang for 2-3 seconds before loading.

I've seen a few comments on reddit of people having the same problem.

I'm using a S20 FE (both 2.4 & 5Ghz) along with a factory reset, other mobiles in the house are ok.

Soldato
Not me however I have got issues with the keyboard on screen and browsing to bottom of pages or when typing in boxes on the screen. Also a flickering top edge too hard to describe really. S20+ too

Back
Top Bottom