**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Associate
Yep, i'm only interested in the 5g version as it has the snapdragon. I meant the drop in ram from the normal S20/S20+ as like you said the Mate 20 Pro had 6gb ram, I don't know if its the Huawei ram management or the 6gb ram but I often had apps reload when I'd go back to them.

I'm going to wait for the release of the new Iphones and OP before making a decision.

Soldato
As mentioned previously, the difference is not just 4g/5g its also the Exynos/Snapdragon chips. To some the £100 might be worth it alone for the chip improvement. Personally I'd say maybe not but I'm far from a power user.

Associate
Regarding the s20 ultra, does anyone else have a battery draining issue when it hits 5%

I barely have time to go up the stairs to grab my charger before it dies. Once mine hits 5% it drains super super fast

Associate
As mentioned previously, the difference is not just 4g/5g its also the Exynos/Snapdragon chips. To some the £100 might be worth it alone for the chip improvement. Personally I'd say maybe not but I'm far from a power user.

I’d definitely say the 5G model is worth £100 over the 4G. Not only 5G, and Snapdragon (which is otherwise unavailable in a UK Samsung), but 2Gb more RAM too. Better battery life, faster performance, and more future proof.

Associate
CPW list as 6GB FOR 699.

Thats weird as it’s listed as 8Gb on Samsungs own website:
https://www.samsung.com/uk/smartphones/galaxy-s20/galaxy-s20-fe/

Take full advantage of fast data speeds and cloud-based content with our latest S20 chipset innovation and 8GB of RAM. All this plus the enhanced NPU takes performance to a new level, so switching from app to app is seamless, livestreams come through clear and you've got power enabling you to game on to victory.

Soldato
My understanding is that in the UK both 4G and 5G versions of the FE are 6gb/128gb. The 8gb/256gb would clearly eat into sales of the full-fat S20 line up, so why is it okay for some countries to have the higher-spec model, but not others?

Soldato
Seriously considering popping into Argos this morning and buying the red FE. It would be the 4g version mind you as they don't have the red in 5g but also because my rural area got 4g not that long ago so 5g well be a long ways off yet. The whole Exynos thing didn't bother me, I don't game on my phone so I doubt I'd see a performance hit.
I currently have the 7T Pro and it's a great phone however I have always craved a flat display and wireless charging. I'll take a hit on the RAM too but as I say I'm not a power user by any stretch. As with all 'mid range' phones corners have been cut but the FE in particular seems to have cut all the corners that aren't particularly important to me such as the glass back, qhd resolution and camera - although that would still be an improvement over the OnePlus. If my local Argos didn't have it in stock ready to collect I probably wouldn't bother but hey it's something to do :p

Soldato
Samsung have the red 5G in stock and they’ll give you £75 for whatever ancient Android you can lay your hands on.

While not every user will notice a performance difference between SD and Exynos, most should spot a battery life difference.

Soldato
Samsung have the red 5G in stock and they’ll give you £75 for whatever ancient Android you can lay your hands on.

While not every user will notice a performance difference between SD and Exynos, most should spot a battery life difference.
Indeed- got £100 for my old nexus 4!
Received my red 5G yesterday and so far so good. Haven't tested the camera yet but everything seems good apart from the pre applied screen protector is a bit sharp with gestures.
Face unlock works great though which was a bit of a concern coming from the mate 20 pro as Id got quite used to it.

Soldato
Indeed- got £100 for my old nexus 4!
Received my red 5G yesterday and so far so good. Haven't tested the camera yet but everything seems good apart from the pre applied screen protector is a bit sharp with gestures.
Face unlock works great though which was a bit of a concern coming from the mate 20 pro as Id got quite used to it.
How do you find the fingerprint scanner?

Soldato
How do you find the fingerprint scanner?
Initially it didn't work at all...so not great!
Ended up removing all fingerprints, re adding and then restarting the phone and it's worked fine ever since. Definitely works better than the one in the mate 20 pro and is fine for logging into NatWest app.

One thing I would note is that the join between the steel frame and the screen isn't as seamless as I'd like. Is a definite lip which I'm not crazy about...

Back
Top Bottom