**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S21 Family Thread ****

Associate
Ok I couldn't see a thread for this, so starting a new one. Looks like leaks are now appearing with some level of authenticity, and that potentially the note 20 could indeed be the last iteration of the note series, with the spen being made available with the s21 series.

Here is the latest news https://www.xda-developers.com/sams...lastic-base-model-10x-optical-zoom-ultra/amp/

And a little about the new exynos 2100 vs snapdragin 875 - maybe next year we will see at least some parity between the two

https://www.phonearena.com/amp/news/exynos-2100-will-outperform-snapdragon-875_id128430

Really hoping this is the phone I choose to go for from my note 8

Last edited:
Soldato
Rumours of plastic backs on all bar the S20 Ultra as well. Maybe Samsung will add another "cheeky" £150 to the asking price of the Ultra at the same time as removing the charger and earphones.

Associate
If the Exynos S21 is a massive improvement in both performance & battery life over the Exynos S20/Note 20, then i may consider selling or trading in my Note 20 Ultra for the S21 Ultra, probably a few others will follow suite as well.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Samsung have binned their custom cores with these new Exynos SoCs and word is the performance/efficiency will be well below 10% margin between Snapdragon and Exynos from now on. I'm all in it for the camera now. I will upgrade the recently bought S20 5G to an S21 if:

1: The camera is a generation jump in hardware and software.
2: The S21 dimensions are the same as the S20 or at most 70mm width so it slots into my fast wireless charging bay in the car.

Otherwise S20 5G will do me for a full 2 years.

Edit*
The cat has spoken:

Edit2*

So the S21 dimensions may well be similar to the S20. All but the Ultra will have a FHD+ resolution and fixed 60/120 refresh rate. These are not issues. The cameras however seems to remain the same as the S20 range. I am not going to upgrade to a massive phone. S20 stays for me I guess.

Last edited:
Soldato
Having owned both S10e and S10+, the whole Exynos thing left a very sour taste in my Samsung experience and doesn't sound like things were good in the S20/Note 20 generation either.

End of the day companies are only as good as their current performance in my view though so I'll still possibly consider it, if the numbers match this time round.

Zero chance of me pre-ordering and rushing out to buy this at launch before I see concrete comparisons, there's far too much competition out there to settle for less.

Associate
Having owned both S10e and S10+, the whole Exynos thing left a very sour taste in my Samsung experience and doesn't sound like things were good in the S20/Note 20 generation either.

End of the day companies are only as good as their current performance in my view though so I'll still possibly consider it, if the numbers match this time round.

Zero chance of me pre-ordering and rushing out to buy this at launch before I see concrete comparisons, there's far too much competition out there to settle for less.

This...

I've always had Samsung s or note series and loved my note 9, as things seemed good with that generation of exynos, and replaced it with a s20+ without looking at review and real life experiences etc. I think this eyxnos is abysmal and can't wait get rid of it next year. But before I take the plunge with an s21 I want to wait and see this time. If its still not favourable then I'll be moving to another phone regardless, just not samsung.

Associate
OP
I'm in the same boat, I'll be holding fire until the real world tests for both battery life and performance are understood. I've been tempted to import the note 20 ultra for a SD variant, but warranty and the principal of it have stopped me.

Associate
I completely skipped the S20 series as the reviews said the battery life was dreadful. My missus has the S20 and she says the battery life is tosh compared to her Huawei mate 20 pro.
I went with the iPhone 11 and no complaints at all. However I miss certain things about Android/Samsung.
If the S21 can give me 7 hours SOT I might give it a go.

Associate
I don't mind a little bit of a curve to a screen! I actually think the Note 20 is about right. I never get any phantom presses and it looks a little more interesting than a flat screen. Interested to see what the S21 looks / feels like though.

Associate
Anyone else hate these camera bumps? These big ugly corner bumps are supposed to be a statement piece or something?

I love the symmetrical one on my S10, looks so much cleaner being in the middle. Also makes it more stable when it's flat on a table.

Associate
OP
Seem to be a few benchmarks and battery tests placing the exynos 2100 ahead in battery life compared to the sd. I have also seen a couple of recent rumours that the s21 may have no micro sd support, which I hope isn't true. Especially as they'll no longer have a charger in the box either

Soldato
Seem to be a few benchmarks and battery tests placing the exynos 2100 ahead in battery life compared to the sd. I have also seen a couple of recent rumours that the s21 may have no micro sd support, which I hope isn't true. Especially as they'll no longer have a charger in the box either

I hope the 2100 delivers, I really do.

If the camera is good I may go for it. In regards to sd and charger it's a damn shame. Samsung should treat us better but, they like apple, are a juggernaut now.

Back
Top Bottom