**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S21 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Doesn't help that they'll massively devalue them and the lives by giving them away with the phones, I imagine many people like me just stuck them straight on eBay/MM/other selling sites are available.
I got my buds pro with my pre-order and these are my first wireless earphones. I have to say im quite impressed with them especially the noise cancellation

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a screen protector that will work with the fingerprint scanner?
I keep dropping my phone and I'm starting to get some minor scratches, I don't want to damage the screen, I don't know how thick the Samsung one is

I had a glass one (plastic really) before but did not work

Associate
Can anyone recommend a screen protector that will work with the fingerprint scanner?
I keep dropping my phone and I'm starting to get some minor scratches, I don't want to damage the screen, I don't know how thick the Samsung one is

I had a glass one (plastic really) before but did not work
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spigen-Glas-tR-Platinum-Tempered-Protector/dp/B08PCGGPGW/ref=sr_1_18?crid=YZOEFC3ABS2J&dchild=1&keywords=galaxy+s21+glass+protector&qid=1617041314&refinements=p_76:419158031&rnid=419157031&rps=1&sprefix=galaxy+s21+glass+pro,aps,143&sr=8-18

Made in conjunction with whitestone
Some say they are good some say bad, some say installation is awkward ect.
It is basically a cheaper whitestone alternative.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZOLMAG-Anti-Fingerprint-Scratch-Resistant-Fingerprints-Compatible/dp/B08T6LVGJZ/ref=sr_1_13?crid=YZOEFC3ABS2J&dchild=1&keywords=galaxy+s21+glass+protector&qid=1617041633&refinements=p_76:419158031&rnid=419157031&rps=1&sprefix=galaxy+s21+glass+pro,aps,143&sr=8-13

This looks to be the most popular for the money.

Edit: Erm the reviews for the last one are erm hillarious. has to be a bug tbh.

Soldato
Associate
Anyone upgraded to an S21 Ultra from an S10?

Contract is due for upgrade and vodafone are offering £42/month for S21 Ultra and 100GB data with a trade in offer and loyalty discount.

Initially was just gonna go SIM only as nothing really felt like much of an upgrade of my over my S10, especially not the regular S21 or S21+, but now I can get the Ultra for a more reasonable price I'm starting to consider it. Not sure about having a huge phone but matt black looks amazing!

Wish I had some more options for upgrades atm, but seems like this is the only upgrade that's considerable over a 2 year old phone! Seems like there's been very little forward movement in hardware other than towards high refresh rate screens. Cameras have gone a bit mad, but the actual end results seem hardly much better, and software seems the limiting factor with photo quality right now.

Anyway, ramble over, any thoughts?

Soldato
Anyone upgraded to an S21 Ultra from an S10?

Contract is due for upgrade and vodafone are offering £42/month for S21 Ultra and 100GB data with a trade in offer and loyalty discount.

Initially was just gonna go SIM only as nothing really felt like much of an upgrade of my over my S10, especially not the regular S21 or S21+, but now I can get the Ultra for a more reasonable price I'm starting to consider it. Not sure about having a huge phone but matt black looks amazing!

Wish I had some more options for upgrades atm, but seems like this is the only upgrade that's considerable over a 2 year old phone! Seems like there's been very little forward movement in hardware other than towards high refresh rate screens. Cameras have gone a bit mad, but the actual end results seem hardly much better, and software seems the limiting factor with photo quality right now.

Anyway, ramble over, any thoughts?
I agree, it would not really be a worthy upgrade unless you wanted a change, I had a S8 and I could just about see the differences, if my phone was not damaged I would have held out for another year considering the monthly cost to upgraade.

nam

nam

Soldato
Associate
Well I went ahead and ordered an S21 Ultra. £42 a month means total cost over 2 years of just over a £1000. Not bad. Was considering buying the phone outright as I can get it for just under 800 with trade in, but even with a cheap SIM only deal, total cost won't get any lower than that with enough data.

Any tips for first things to do when I get it? Things to set up, settings to change etc?

Associate
Well I went ahead and ordered an S21 Ultra. £42 a month means total cost over 2 years of just over a £1000. Not bad. Was considering buying the phone outright as I can get it for just under 800 with trade in, but even with a cheap SIM only deal, total cost won't get any lower than that with enough data.

Any tips for the first things to do when I get it? Things to set up, settings to change etc?
Do not use the Samsung smart switch app, it's more hassle than it's worth.

The first thing I do is turn on developer options. then check if there is a Software update. then install accounts, ie google ect ect mail ect then install nova prime lol

Associate
S21 Ultra is a great phone but finding to large for everyday use, causing a pain in my hand.

Anyone used Samsung Uk for a return, I rang today to setup a return and been sent an email with a Dpd collection time but no return labels?

I really found the lady difficult to understand on the phone.

Associate
S21 Ultra is a great phone but finding to large for everyday use, causing a pain in my hand.

Anyone used Samsung Uk for a return, I rang today to setup a return and been sent an email with a Dpd collection time but no return labels?

I really found the lady difficult to understand on the phone.

what you gonna go for instead mate?

Back
Top Bottom