** The Official Space Flight Thread - The Space Station and Beyond **

Caporegime
Demand drives innovation, these reusable rockets didn't exist 20 years ago.

I could equally ask why do people fly to the south of Spain, just to get some better sun? Well yes. I'll agree to ban space tourism, as long as we ban other tourism too, which produces more pollution and pandemic issues. Have you been on a plane in the last 10 years?

I will be happy to ban all tourism, including space. If I agree not to go on another plane for holiday, if they ban space tourism.

I'll take that trade. Sounds fair.

(You didn't expect that reply did you?) :D But i am serious, I will take that trade.

Associate
Cheap, reliable access to space might open up areas we can’t yet even think about, maybe in the future all mining on Earth will be banned, maybe rare elements will need to be mined from asteroids? Not saying it will, just contemplating.

That is Bezos' future dreams if I remember correctly. Industry moved off planet and the Earth becomes more of an untouched conservation.

Soldato
(You didn't expect that reply did you?) :D But i am serious, I will take that trade.
But you're not serious. You complain about pollution and pandemic issues, but you flew on a plane to Japan in the middle of the pandemic? If you were really concerned about pollution and the pandemic, you would not have done that.

Caporegime
But you're not serious. You complain about pollution and pandemic issues, but you flew on a plane to Japan in the middle of the pandemic? If you were really concerned about pollution and the pandemic, you would not have done that.

I am serious, I would NOT leave this country on a plane for any holiday purposes if they would ban space tourism.

I am 100% serious.

I went in Feb 20, booked in Nov 19 before the Pandemic, the world was a difference place then.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

In the climate of finite resources, climate change, pandemic, trying to move away from fossil fuel.....what's this spending millions flying to space and land again 11mins later? Just to get a high view from above?

It doesn't take science forward, it doesn't take you from A to B, it looks to me this is nothing more than an expensive theme park ride.

This actually moves us one step closer to all polluting industry being moved off world then we can make the earth a sustainable conservation area.

Caporegime
It' is irrelant because it will never happen.

It interests me that you specified holiday purposes. You would still go for business though? Easy to be on your moral highground if it doest involve making money.

Well, I didn't propose that, I was offered that trade, I will be happy to do it.

I will not get on another plane if they ban Space Tourism. If you want to move the goal post. That's more than he asked initially.

Soldato
Well, I didn't propose that, I was offered that trade, I will be happy to do it.

I will not get on another plane if they ban Space Tourism. If you want to move the goal post. That's more than he asked initially.

Would you go so far as to include travel by car, train and boat, essentially remain stuck within the land/sea borders of the UK? While we're all playing fun hypotheticals :D

You can of course use cars in the UK ;)

Caporegime
Would you go so far as to include travel by car, train and boat, essentially remain stuck within the land/sea borders of the UK? While we're all playing fun hypotheticals :D

You can of course use cars in the UK ;)

Well, how much of this goal post are people going to move? lol

In a counter offer and my adjusting of the goal post, would Bezos offer me £10 billion in return?

Soldato
Well, how much of this goal post are people going to move? lol

In a counter offer and my adjusting of the goal post, would Bezos offer me £10 billion in return?

Just having some fun with it, as you could always travel abroad by boat/train.

In the same vein, you couldn't really offer me enough to spend the rest of my days in the UK and never travel abroad again, too much of the world left that i'd like to see.

Caporegime
Just having some fun with it, as you could always travel abroad by boat/train.

In the same vein, you couldn't really offer me enough to spend the rest of my days in the UK and never travel abroad again, too much of the world left that i'd like to see.

I know, it was that initially the trade was "no holiday on a plane for me vs no holiday in space". Sounds fair.
Then it moved to "No businesses travel on a plane vs no holiday in space"...okay.
Then it moved to "No automobile, or mechanical transport at all vs no holiday in space".
Next "Can't leave your house" and then "No electricity for you!".

:D

SPG

SPG

Soldato
The fact is we are going to have to start mining the Moon sooner than most people think due to the lack of Helium for doing usefull things instead of making balloons for stupid people.

Back
Top Bottom