** The Official watchOS 7 thread **

Commissario
OP
Yup, I've removed AutoSleep from the watch. I haven't set up sleep schedules though, will just tell it when I go to bed and when I wake up through the control centre.

Commissario
OP
The built in sleep app naturally syncs with Health. Health has synced with Autosleep so it has all my old data and Autosleep on the phone also syncs with Health so it's got a record of my sleep details. Nice.

Commissario
OP
watchOS 7 seems very quick on my Apple Watch 5 and the battery has barely dropped today, it was fully charged after I showered at about 08:30 and it's only dropped to 86%.

Soldato
They have massively increased animation speed, makes apps open much faster and everything just seems more snappy. Not sure how much faster it could get, but apparently app launch is 20% faster on the S6 watches.

Associate
Got a Series 3 here, upgraded to watchOS7 last night, went out for a run today and it failed to capture any GPS information.
I've got location services switched on for Apple watch workout, so not sure if I've missed anything else.
If it's a bug, they best fix it fast considering all the other fitness stuff they are pushing now.

Soldato
Got a Series 3 here, upgraded to watchOS7 last night, went out for a run today and it failed to capture any GPS information.
I've got location services switched on for Apple watch workout, so not sure if I've missed anything else.
If it's a bug, they best fix it fast considering all the other fitness stuff they are pushing now.

Its a massive bug, not only have all outdoor workout routes disappeared for a hell of a lot of people, the new workouts are not transferring their data correctly from the watch to the phone (either the fitness app itself or the helath app). For example I went for an 8 mile walk on saturday, the watch showed it all (22 seconds under 2 hours), and yet on the phone it showed 72 minutes and just under 5 miles, it also somehow said that during the one full hour I was walking (9.06-11.05) 10-11 that I hadnt stood.

I have two watches and my 3 is still not been upgraded to ios7 and the issue occurs with both watches, so it appears to be an issue with ios14 and not ios7 - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251801586?answerId=253496721022&login=true

Soldato
I just noticed that watchOS 7 now has a battery option within Settings with a battery health percentage, the same as iOS. Finally!
That's handy.

November 2018 S4 44m Alu watch at 95% battery health.

Launch day iPhone Xs with 500 cycles at 86%.

Not bad.

Back
Top Bottom