*** The Official WWDC 2021 thread - Keynote 7th June at 18:00 BST ***

Soldato
Surprised not to see any nod to features for the M1 iPad Pro to be honest, I’m really happy with the multi tasking changes because I’m not one of the people that want iPad os to become Mac OS, but I thought for sure some level of “pro” apps would be coming

Soldato
I'm torn with some of the marketing privacy stuff. Hiding your IP or location, fine, but as a small business even getting basic feedback from email campaigns such as open rate provides important and valuable feedback as to what's working and what's not, and I don't think is very intrusive and that's all going to go out the window now.

Soldato
I'm torn with some of the marketing privacy stuff. Hiding your IP or location, fine, but as a small business even getting basic feedback from email campaigns such as open rate provides important and valuable feedback as to what's working and what's not, and I don't think is very intrusive and that's all going to go out the window now.

It's the same concept as a read receipt/seen time etc. What's that got to do with the sender? I do find it intrusive...

Soldato
I find read receipts much more intrusive, because it's one person looking directly at one other person did.

With marketing emails each user is a single data point in a large collection of data.

As a user I hate read receipts.
As a user I couldn't care less about tracking pixels.
As a marketer I don't care much for individual email opens, however collective data provides valuable data that can help the business succeed.

Not every business is a facebook behemoth. Marketing and ads are still vital to the success of small mom and pop businesses.

Permabanned

You will need to find another way to track or to get feedback lol

Soldato
As a user I hate read receipts.
As a user I couldn't care less about tracking pixels.
As a marketer I don't care much for individual email opens, however collective data provides valuable data that can help the business succeed.

Which is probably some of the reason why you'll be less happy about losing the insight - you think it's fine therefore think it's fine for others; however, others think it's not fine so this is a welcome block.

Back
Top Bottom