*** The Official WWDC 2021 thread - Keynote 7th June at 18:00 BST ***

Soldato
One thing they NEED to put in is being able to manually select which home you want in homekit !!! It's infuriating !! I have 3 'homes' nearby each other (one is in my camper van parked outside my house) & it will just randomly jump between which home it thinks I'm in :mad: nearly always getting it wrong :confused::cry:

Why I can't just tell it which home I want selected I will never know - even if you turn off automatic home selection there is still nothing to tell it which home you're in !!!!

The reason I need to tell it which home I'm in is because it SEEMS to route or reroute home / Siri requests through which ever home hub is in which ever home that is currently selected as 'my location' - which is absurd because if im in my main house, connected to fibre internet, sometimes it will try and route the request to my vans homehub/internet which is just normal slow 4g (where its parked) and the latency is stupid - why do that, then send the output back into the HomePod thats in my physical home I have absolutely no idea - a massive design flaw.

Surely it should route it through the local home, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

When the van and home are clearly separated then everything works as it should!

Soldato
Did they mention anything about multi user accounts on iPads yet? that would be a godsend - I have an 11" iPad Pro, Mrs has as 12.9" iPad Pro, we'd like to use both but with different users, because all our work etc and files are in our own iCloud accounts, and we have our own different apps.

Permabanned
Did they mention anything about multi user accounts on iPads yet? that would be a godsend - I have an 11" iPad Pro, Mrs has as 12.9" iPad Pro, we'd like to use both but with different users, because all our work etc and files are in our own iCloud accounts, and we have our own different apps.

I bet that will never come to iphones or ipads or Apple Watch.

Soldato
I bet that will never come to iphones or ipads or Apple Watch.

Yeah I don't expect it will to phones or watch. But iPad OS it now makes a lot of sense, I'm not going to buy another iPad when the other half has one, they can get stuffed if they think im spending that kind of money :cry:

With them trying to position an iPad Pro as a serious work machine, im baffled why they haven't implemented this yet.

Permabanned
Yeah I don't expect it will to phones or watch. But iPad OS it now makes a lot of sense, I'm not going to buy another iPad when the other half has one, they can get stuffed if they think im spending that kind of money :cry:

With them trying to position an iPad Pro as a serious work machine, im baffled why they haven't implemented this yet.

They want you to buy another ipad lol

Soldato
The Safari changes are very much welcome changes. Especially the redesign of the mobile version to put the bar at the bottom, no more small hands syndrome.

It’s awful, you can’t get to bookmarks as easily and getting rid of the cards for this stupid box grid is another backwards step. Safari was perfect as it was.

Soldato
I think putting the url box at the bottom will be helpful but i'm use to swiping down at the bottom to bring the bar down when i'm using one handed. I could never get on with the triple tap at the back (self set up) to get it to the drop. 9 times out of 10 it would take a screen shot (double tap back of phone).

Soldato
Wouldn't surprise me if they locked multi users on iPads behind family sharing :) as in to use multiple users on one iPad the family organiser has to have the default account and they can add their family members as users.

Associate
for releasing new hardware alongside it, as they have done as some WWDC's.

Either way, it's clear from the lacklustre output from them there was not much on offer than incremental updates. It's clear Mac OS needs to shift away from yearly releases.

Back
Top Bottom