The Official Xbox 360 FAQ & Sticky thread

Associate
Hi, Today i purchased a 26" HD ready tv. It has 2 scarts, 1 DVI input and 1 red, white, yellow and s-video sockets. I have the premium 360 scart lead [with green, blue and red on a splitter] and also a VGA cable with a red and white audio spliter. I'm Having trouble getting the HD mode working since in the manual says to plug in my green, blue and red leads and switch to HDTV mode on the back on the xbox, but my tv does not have the imput for the green blue and red. Could you give me a hand davey or anyone else?

These are the leads i have:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360vgahdcable/
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360componenthdcable/

Cheers.

Man of Honour
OP
I will guess that the DVI port has analogue capabilities. If that is the case, you'll need to get a VGA to DVI adapter, they're pretty cheap, and come with most graphics cards, so you may have one lying around somewhere.

What TV is it?

Associate
ok ... need help :) got xbox on sunday all seems ok but having problems

with headset :( sound is really quiet ..... have spoken the the shop where i

got the xbox ,they said it was Microsoft that was responsible for faulty

equipment .... is this true ?? thats if it is faulty .... is connected to my dell

2405FPW... component and audio is plugged into aux on altec lansing ADA-305

speakers any help would great :D

Oh hope i posting in the right place :)

Last edited:
Associate
HDTV but no sound

Can you guys help me out, My son has the premium Xbox and a 24 inch HDTV, while analog works great, when he switches to HDTV he gets no sound.

i have read the manual, and we seem to have it set up as recommended, the TV is set to pal 1 and works in all formats except HDTV with sound.

Any ideas please.

Man of Honour
OP
The audio is going to be connected to the wrong input I imagine. When on HDTV mode trying to play a game, flick through all the AV channels, you'll probably find one with the sound playing.

Soldato
Think you might need to add this into the sticky regarding the Windows Media Connect Software.

Many people have tried to get the 360 to see the PC and stream music but without any luck. For many, disabling and software firewall present on the PC doesn't appear to fix the issue.

Media Connect requires 2 Windows services to set to Automatic in order for the software to function correctly. Many people may have disabled them when tweaking Windows as the were not required and used at the time. Unfortunately, if these required are set to disabled, then the Media Connect software will not work.

The 2 services are:

Universal Plug and Play Device Host
HTTP SSL

Soldato
Just a quick question about xbox 360 live and the connection;

I assume once I've bought an xbox premium console, I'd plug the ethernet cable into my BT usb adsl modem at home, right?

However, when at university, in halls of residence where I'll have access to the university network, would I just plug the ethernet cable into the ethernet socket in the wall, as I would to connect my pc?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Tweek_1984 said:
Just a quick question about xbox 360 live and the connection;

I assume once I've bought an xbox premium console, I'd plug the ethernet cable into my BT usb adsl modem at home, right?

However, when at university, in halls of residence where I'll have access to the university network, would I just plug the ethernet cable into the ethernet socket in the wall, as I would to connect my pc?
I've heard of people having lots of trouble getting on Live when going through halls connections.

But at home, yes you can just connect straight to your modem, but would be better / less hassle if it were to go into a router.

Associate
Got a dodgy crackly headset? Unscrew the connector end and sellotape up the bad wiring so any exposed wires are isolated. The crackling was bugging me so much before I just never bothered using the headset.

Hope that helps someone :D

Back
Top Bottom