The Official Xbox 360 FAQ & Sticky thread

1CE

1CE

Associate
Hi, I am thinking of purchasing a HD TV and a 360, can anyone tell me when the new XBOX 360 is comming out (updated one) if at all. As I am unsure wether to wait for that or get one now :)

Cheers.

Associate
Nothing has been officially announced yet. Because of Microsofts future plans regarding downloadable media content etc, storage capacity will become more of an issue so it probably will happen at some stage, but not for a while im guessing.

Soldato
alexuslakes said:
is it worth getting a 360 core console? i've seen them for £169 delivered. cheap!
At the price Bradmax57 quoted then yes. Been very impressed with mine!

Also, alexuslakes, i went to school with a guy with your name from Stavely.

What secondary school you go to?

gt

Soldato
alexuslakes said:
pros/cons of core vs premium?

what do you actually get in the box?? would i be able to play on it straight away???? (after getting a game obviously)
core, wired controller, and scart lead
premium, wireless controller, 20gb hdd, & component lead

I think, should be able to pick up a used hdd pretty cheap, but there are some good premium bundles out there, so its all down to how much you want to spend i guess

Associate
gt_junkie said:
Possibly. Clewer ring any bells?

gt
ha ha, why of course! clewny you old devil! how are you?? looks like you're running a nice set up. i'm thinking of defecting and buying a 360, do you own one? any advice? £150 is very tempting (although i'd have to keep it secret from the gf as we're going to dubai in 2 weeks and i'm not supposed to be buying any non essential items :p )

you still hear from BM and those guys? good to hear from you old boy!

Soldato
alexuslakes said:
ha ha, why of course! clewny you old devil! how are you?? looks like you're running a nice set up. i'm thinking of defecting and buying a 360, do you own one? any advice? £150 is very tempting (although i'd have to keep it secret from the gf as we're going to dubai in 2 weeks and i'm not supposed to be buying any non essential items :p )

you still hear from BM and those guys? good to hear from you old boy!
Certainly do mate! BM's doing well for himself. Company car and stuff! :)

Wish i was so lucky!

I'm still at the Lakes running the Network with Reds. However he's been off for the last month or so and i've been moving house too so it's been busy! Had a delivery of 90 new pc's 2 weeks ago which i had to lug around, install and set up on the network all on my tod. So now that means i have over 300 machines and 800 destructive users to look after!!! :eek: Been a total nightmare TBH!

How are you? What you been up to?

I'd deffo recommend the 360. Nice price and in my opinion a better console than the PS3. The 360 is most definately essential! :D

Clewny. ;)
gt

Associate
gt_junkie said:
How are you? What you been up to?

I'd deffo recommend the 360. Nice price and in my opinion a better console than the PS3. The 360 is most definately essential! :D

Clewny. ;)
gt
sounds like you've been busy! must be draining having all those little ****s running round destroying all your hard work! Since i finished uni i've been working as a tree surgeon and slowly plodding though the police application process. gosh its taken me nearly 2 years to get to where i am and i've still got some hard work ahead! hopefully should finally get my posting before the end of the year (GMP).

More importantly i've just ordered said 360!! If you've got any games you fancy selling let me know in trust ;)

it only comes with the composite av cable (which i guess is for connecting to a 'normal' tv?) but i'm going to bag a vga cable so i can bang it on my monitor.

Soldato
alexuslakes said:
sounds like you've been busy! must be draining having all those little ****s running round destroying all your hard work! Since i finished uni i've been working as a tree surgeon and slowly plodding though the police application process. gosh its taken me nearly 2 years to get to where i am and i've still got some hard work ahead! hopefully should finally get my posting before the end of the year (GMP).

More importantly i've just ordered said 360!! If you've got any games you fancy selling let me know in trust ;)

it only comes with the composite av cable (which i guess is for connecting to a 'normal' tv?) but i'm going to bag a vga cable so i can bang it on my monitor.
Deffo do that. I bought one for my belinea and it looks awesome. Composite is really for telly's and anything with that kind of connection. I used it with composite on my projector for a while but you can't beat the quality and resolution of vga. You'll love it!

I also have a component cable for the 360. If you have a TV with that connection your display quality would be much better.

I'll let you know what games i have available. Could just lend you a couple... save you some pennies! ;)

Let me know how you get on with your application too. All the best with it fella and great to hear from you mate! :)

J.
gt

Associate
gt_junkie said:
I'll let you know what games i have available. Could just lend you a couple... save you some pennies! ;)

Let me know how you get on with your application too. All the best with it fella and great to hear from you mate! :)

J.
gt
might just hold you to that old chap! good to hear from you too, dont let those little brats stress you out too much! :p

Associate
ok heres a question for all you 360 users (soon to be me too), do i need an official 360 memory module in order to save my game progress, or can i use a simple usb memory stick like the SanDisk Cruzer Crossfire USB Flash Drive 1GB/4GB?

£20 for a 64mb device seems like a price from about 6 years ago, does it do something amazing that i'm missing?

cheers.

Soldato
Nope! You need the memory stick as far as i know. :(

I tried that when my 360 arrived with no success.

I have both the HDD and a memory stick (which i don't really need). I'll get an email to you if you like? ;)

gt

Back
Top Bottom