*** The Official Xiaomi Mi 9 Thread ***

Associate
It should be interesting to see how it holds up against the likes of the upcoming S10, but either way it won't be for me as I'm really not a fan of these notch / 19.5:9 / 19:9 ratio phones - much prefer the older 18:9 ratio devices.

Also another interesting key feature is the in-built screen fingerprint, as I'm also led to believe the ones that feature on the likes of the OP6T aren't all that fast at all.

Liam.

Soldato
I'm definitely out. It's a matter of preference but I really don't get along with MIUI and unfortunately due that reason any Xiaomi phone is a no go for me.

It looks like a decent phone and fingers crossed due to the way the 855 handles in display FPS it's better than the abomination on the OP6T.

Soldato
I'm considering it ... my current phone is almost two years old so I'm thinking about replacing it. It's a Xiaomi and has served well so I'm considering them again as a replacement. I'm not the biggest fan of MIUI but I run Nova on my existing phone anyway.

Soldato
Its looking pretty impressive based on all the bits of info they've released over the last couple of days, will be interesting to see what the price is as sounds like it may have taken a jump sadly.

Associate
OP
Triple camera, amoled display and optical fingerprint sensor.

It will be a popular phones and there will be custom roms. I've got a Mi 8 and I'm very likely gonna go for the Mi 9.

Soldato
From what I'm reading this morning on paper it sounds like a great phone with a 112 DXOMARK score for photos and 99 for video which is the best they have see so far which also beats the Pixel 3 and Note 9.

Associate
OP
Full specs

6.39” FHD+ AMOLED Display
Triple Camera
-48MP primary f/1.75
-12MP telephoto f/2.2
-16MP ultra-wide f/2.2
Front 20MP f/2.0
@Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
6GB RAM
64GB/128GB Storage
In-screen fingerprint sensor
3300mAh Battery
20W wireless charging

I'm so disappointed by the battery size. 3300mah is less than the Mi 8's battery.

Soldato
From what I'm reading this morning on paper it sounds like a great phone with a 112 DXOMARK score for photos and 99 for video which is the best they have see so far which also beats the Pixel 3 and Note 9.
Pixel will be superior no doubt.

The only reason it scores higher is because it has more cameras which favours DxO scores.

Associate
Pixel will be superior no doubt.

The only reason it scores higher is because it has more cameras which favours DxO scores.

Interested in this one based on DXO, but having done some blind testing with Pixel 2 and P20 Pro (Mrs whiskycycle is starting to dislike the P20), the Pixel still destroys the P20 in nearly every photo I've tried... The xiaomi will stay on the list come upgrade time, but I still can't get over how good the p2 remains (despite "benchmarks" rating loads of phones higher).

emu

emu

Associate
anybody got the mi8? have been offered one from three this week as contract is up , im currently using an honor play

emu

emu

Associate
mine arrived today , screen sort of colour shifts when at slight angles so its going back

they offered me a p20 pro for 33 amonth with no upfront cost , pretty tempting

Back
Top Bottom