The Olympic + Paralympic Fit Tottie Thread

Soldato
OP
Pendletons legs are smoking! damn :cool:

574738_333794993377123_1490801409_n.jpg

Associate
While this thread has been mightily entertaining:D, I just can't help but think now that this section of the Olympics is over; are these women classified as celebrities now? Going from something that you dedicate your life to, then posing semi-nude and doing Pantene ads, it just seems odd, even the women that didn't gain gold, silver or bronze still have a chance at flaunting themselves for cash; but I say goodluck to them! To me though it seems a little crass and false, but if you can make money out of your looks then that's commendable.

/Rant over, and no-homo.

Soldato
While this thread has been mightily entertaining:D, I just can't help but think now that this section of the Olympics is over; are these women classified as celebrities now? Going from something that you dedicate your life to, then posing semi-nude and doing Pantene ads, it just seems odd, even the women that didn't gain gold, silver or bronze still have a chance at flaunting themselves for cash; but I say goodluck to them! To me though it seems a little crass and false, but if you can make money out of your looks then that's commendable.

/Rant over, and no-homo.

So the Gillette ads and the like should continue to go to footy andtennis stars (who already earn a fortune in their day job)

I say good for them - for all you know those ads were filmed months / years ago and were timed to be filmed during the Olympics period (to highten sales even more)
Obviously the swimmers that most have never heard of before is something else - but regular ads etc I have no problem with at all

Soldato
The important thing with the Olympics was the legacy left behind.

Well, I'm delighted that this thread is our Olympic legacy!! :D

Every other thread in here died within two days of the closing ceremony, yet this one marches on! Sweet :D

Associate
So the Gillette ads and the like should continue to go to footy andtennis stars (who already earn a fortune in their day job)

I say good for them - for all you know those ads were filmed months / years ago and were timed to be filmed during the Olympics period (to highten sales even more)
Obviously the swimmers that most have never heard of before is something else - but regular ads etc I have no problem with at all

I'm talking about the Olympics, hence why I'm in this thread.

I'm not bashing the women, I just simply made a statement; people do things for different reasons, while some or the majority (I don't know the number) of Football or Tennis stars (please note this is an example) do it for selfish reasons, be it for fame, money etc, you could also say the same about F1, is it all about the money and fame, or the passion and drive to be the best at what you do? The documentary "Senna" explained good bit of film making.

When materialistic things are involved some people change, while others have their heads srcewed on, it happens in all parts of life.

Back
Top Bottom