£1,829

Equivelant today:

About £8,000

Cost to me:

£400

Now worth:

£600-800.

*n

meh! well if you're being picky, i can beat that!

Original Purchase Cost and date

£3500 in 1962

I paid £3000 in 2004

Now worth

£8000 (or soon will be!)

Caporegime
Honda S2000, V(00) Plate

Cost New ('00) £ 28545
Paid £9,000 in Jun 06 (6.5yrs old)

Rover 220 Turbo
Cost New ('94) £18,500
Paid £800 in Apr 01 (7 yrs old)

Soldato
Simon said:
Honda S2000, V(00) Plate

Cost New ('00) £ 28545
Paid £9,000 in Jun 06 (6.5yrs old)

Rover 220 Turbo
Cost New ('94) £18,500
Paid £800 in Apr 01 (7 yrs old)

Crickey, £800 in 2001? Was it in bad condition or did you get a very good deal?

Soldato
Haircut said:
Are you going to tell us what it is? ;)

Dont be silly. :rolleyes:

Sequoia is super secretive about what he does, what he owns, who he knows, where he lives and what he drives.

But he's does like teasing people over the answers.

Caporegime
D4VE said:
Crickey, £800 in 2001? Was it in bad condition or did you get a very good deal?
Very good deal, not MOT (passed every yr since without any probs) and slight damage to front wing. Bargain now, let alone back then.

Wise Guy
Permabanned
Haircut said:
Next question.

Are you going to tell us what it is? ;)
Nope. :)

merlin said:
Dont be silly. :rolleyes:

Sequoia is super secretive about what he does, what he owns, who he knows, where he lives and what he drives.

But he's does like teasing people over the answers.
I'd have said I guard my privacy, rather than "secretive", but maybe it's the same thing.

Teasing? No, not really. I like to take part in threads, and I try to phrase things in a way that make a point without saying what I'm not prepared to say. In forums in the past, I have answered that kind of question, and the result is that I'm either accused of showing off, or of lying. When that happens, it becomes a choice of either proving it, or putting up with the accusation, and I'm point-blank not prepared to disclose what I would have to do to do the former. Nor, for that matter, do I accept the implicit demand to do so.

So, there are some places I won't go and some things I won't clarify.

When this issue comes up, I try to sidetrack it with humour, like my response to Paras, but that often doesn't work. In which case, I either have to answer, which leads to the above problem, or I have to go "super-secretive", which looks like teasing. The only other alternative is not not bother posting at all, in which case, why bother having an account and coming here?

Soldato
Sequoia said:
The only other alternative is not not bother posting at all, in which case, why bother having an account and coming here?

The internet is for showing off. Did you not get a copy of the rules or something? :confused: :p

Anyway, I think you do tease, you know full well we'd all love to know what you own and see some pics and talk to you about it. Quite how that would infringe on your precious privacy I don't know.

Soldato
2003 (53) BMW Z4 3.0i Z4

Cost New = £30850

but my car has literally every extra out of the book (including cup holders) so the first guy to buy it must have paid over 40K

Bought for = £19250.

HEADRAT

Wise Guy
Permabanned
merlin said:
The internet is for showing off. Did you not get a copy of the rules or something? :confused: :p

Anyway, I think you do tease, you know full well we'd all love to know what you own and see some pics and talk to you about it. Quite how that would infringe on your precious privacy I don't know.
See, this is the kind of thing I was talking about. I don't give a fig if you do know how it would impinge on my "precious" privacy, and I'm not going to explain because that would go into areas I don't want to go. Nor do I feel that I have to justify to you why my privacy is precious, or why you don't have the right to demand answers from me.

I tried to put it in a friendly fashion, and I explained the problem, but it seems that isn't going to work. So let me put it another way. If I wanted to say what I drive, I would have. It isn't teasing, and I don't know that you'd all "love to know". Frankly, I don't see why it makes any difference at all what I drive. Paras asked a polite, careful question, and I gave him a polite, careful answer. I have no problem with that. But to keep harping on about it when I've said, pretty clearly, that I'm not going to say and I've even said why I'm not going to say, is pure nosiness.

Let me put it bluntly. I am NOT going to say what I drive, period. No amount of wheedling or accusations of teasing is going to make the slightest difference. If you can't accept that, feel free to ignore me. Please. :mad:

Soldato
VW Bora - £18,825 when new, bought for £10k at 18 months old.

Edit: Sequoia - don't worry about it, even without any juicy detail about what you own/do, your posts are still more worthwhile than 99% of the tut anyone else posts. :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom