The original price of your car

Suspended
To be fair, he may drive a McLaren F1 GTR... Oh no, that's someone else, isn't it?

The point remains that, if they're extremely rare cars then his identity may be revealed. However, as he has said he buys new, unless he's of very advancing years, that's unlikely. Still, it's all conjecture.

Associate
Sequoia said:
Let me put it bluntly. I am NOT going to say what I drive, period. No amount of wheedling or accusations of teasing is going to make the slightest difference. If you can't accept that, feel free to ignore me. Please. :mad:

Then why bother posting in this forum and contributing to the thread :rolleyes:

Don
Sequoia is entitled to state what he drives or to keep it to himself,that is his decision

It is also his choice whether or not to contribute to this thread just as it is the choice of everyone else to decide what value they put on any poster's contributions

Can we end this now because I really can't be arsed going through this thread deleting loads of posts :)

ta

Wise Guy
Permabanned
sinister_stu said:
I reckon he hasn't passed his test yet.
When I passed my test, the licence was a little red/orange booklet, issued by the County Council (DVLA was years away), renewable annually (with a little stick-in paper slip) and cost, me (IIRC) 15 shillings.

So ... nice try, but no banana. :)

Nozzer said:
To be fair, he may drive a McLaren F1 GTR... Oh no, that's someone else, isn't it?

The point remains that, if they're extremely rare cars then his identity may be revealed. However, as he has said he buys new, unless he's of very advancing years, that's unlikely. Still, it's all conjecture.
I have said in the past, it's "cars", not car. I also said (though perhaps not every time) that I buy new "whenever possible". It isn't always possible to buy new. I do have cars that are older than I am, and I've made no secret of my age (well, more or less), and there's a pretty broad hint in this post. I've also said, on here in the past (including recent past) that I have a 1970's Ferrari. That much doesn't cause me any problems, but a full list would. But McLaren? No.

One more thing I'll say .... about privacy. If I say to much, it will identify me to some people. I VERY much doubt that anybody that knows me uses this forum, or that any forum members would recognise my name. That isn't my concern. But I'm pretty forthright about a number of issues, including political viewpoints, about which I am normally downright coy. I do so on the basis that those people that do know me can't associate this forum name with me. My privacy concern (even paranoia) isn't about hiding myself from forum members - the concern lies in the opposite direction. And don't forget search engines. Anything I say on here is very likely to end up in an index somewhere, and too much detail in certain areas, including cars, would cause search engine entries I'm not prepared to permit. The result .... some very careful phrasing.

I wasn't going to say any of this, but Nozzer, you're too damn perceptive. :)

Merlin, if you should happen to read this, I DO have reason for protecting privacy .... even if you can't see it, and that privacy is "precious" to me.

Wise Guy
Permabanned
Replicant said:
Then why bother posting in this forum and contributing to the thread :rolleyes:
Because I could say what I did, and wanted to, without being specific about cars. Look at the actual post I made.

Don
2003 Audi A8 4.2 Quattro

With all the options on it, list price was approx £70k new in 2003 as it has about £18k of options on it.
I paid £30k for it in 2005
It's now worth about £25k

Wise Guy
Permabanned
Simon said:
Are you Jenson Button? Do you own an NSX :eek: ?
Simon said:
Are you Jenson Button? Do you own an NSX :eek: ?
I wonder if Jensen Button's first driving licence was before the days of DVLA .... seeing as how he wasn't born for a decade or two after that? :D

And no.

Soldato
Sequoia said:
I wonder if Jensen Button's first driving licence was before the days of DVLA .... seeing as how he wasn't born for a decade or two after that? :D

And no.

its obvious, you desgined the Toyota Sequoia and named it after yourself and drive one.

http://www.toyota.com/sequoia/index.html

vid_03.jpg

(sorry for hot linking :( )

Back
Top Bottom