The Porsche 911 Twin Turbo X50

Soldato
Originally posted by Lopéz
Well I've got two words for that, and one of them isn't entirely suited to a family forum so use your imagination :D

hmm.... 'something that!' ;)

edit: woo 1000posts! lol i had a few more ealier on, a thread must have been deleted

Soldato
Very, very, very nice :D Not practical when you have kids like us though, not that we could afford a new one anyway :p I'd like a people carrier really when the new baby arrives.

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Spie
That's on top of travel costs.

That's ridiculous. Surely it costs them LESS money if you pick it up? As they don't have to transport it to the UK.

Mercedes let you pick up even a C Class for free. Not only that, they pay for the travel..

Soldato
Spending £89k+ and they want another £700 to let you in the factory! Theiving swines!

A certain Tractor manufacturer will fly any customer who purchases an agri machine retail in excess of £85k to the factory in Italy or Basildon and put them up for the night in a 5* hotel and give them a full factory tour and allow them you watch their machine leave the production line.

The best bit is the salesman who sold the machine gets to go FOC as well ;)

OcUK Staff

Anyone can acheive what I have. You just have to want it bad enough.

If you work hard in life, make yourself noticed, have confidence it normally pays off. Spies hard work certainly has paid off and it's a well deserved car. I just can't wait until you get it m8, as it will be the fastest normal road car I've ever been in. :)

Permabanned

Anyone can acheive what I have. You just have to want it bad enough.

Good advice, I am 19 and currently at Uni. I have always dreamed of owning my own company, not only for the money but for the self-satisfaction and meaning. I am not sure I will ever be happy making some fat cat behind some desk somewhere more money. I would either like to help other people, or do something off my own back. I wish I will be like you one day Spie - driving a car I want, owning a company i put my heart and soul into and hopefully having a soulmate and family to enjoy it with.

Enjoy the little puppy mate, knowing you can basically outrun these idiots that buy stupid ferrraris :D

I hear the advice anyone could do it, but no-one has ever said that personally to me, i believe you unlike the others that say it on television and so forth. Hey, maybe one day I can cut you up on the road when you are driving your volvo estate as you smell freshly burnt rubber off the back of my 650bhp Vantage!;)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Originally posted by PDOran

Enjoy the little puppy mate, knowing you can basically outrun these idiots that buy stupid ferrraris :D

Oi,

no dissing the F-Cars :)

We would all have one if we could.

buying a ferrari doesnt make you an idiot, it makes you a fanatic, someone passionate about racing heritage, and the drive.

Just like buying a Porsche turbo, or a Lambo, or any other Super sports car..

Enjoy them all :) thats what they are there for.

Soldato
Originally posted by EyeDot

buying a ferrari doesnt make you an idiot, it makes you a fanatic, someone passionate about racing heritage, and the drive.

Not convinced about that. You saying rich kids don't just buy them 'cos it's a Ferrari Tarquin dahling..'?

Man of Honour
Originally posted by flat-6
Not convinced about that. You saying rich kids don't just buy them 'cos it's a Ferrari Tarquin dahling..'?

Granted, there are the exceptions to the rule, but are you suggesting that the majority of Fezza owners are brand snobs who buy for looks ?

Thats certainly not my experience.....

but granted it DOES happen..

Maybe i just know too many nice guy ferrari drivers :)

Permabanned
Ferrairs are far too expensive to run and fix. Clarkson said it was the worst purchase he ever mae, plus they under perform.

Almost any ferrair Vs. Lambo. ?

Lambo crossed the line before the keys are in the ferraris ignition!

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Fusion
But Clarkson talks out his rectum.

If he couldnt afford it, he shoudnt have bought it,

ferraris are for just anyone.

they are expensive, simple.

they arent a purchase of the head, but of the heart ;)

If you whinge about the costs, you cant afford one, so go get a Merc

ooh wait :)

Man of Honour
Originally posted by PDOran
Ferrairs are far too expensive to run and fix. Clarkson said it was the worst purchase he ever mae, plus they under perform.

Almost any ferrair Vs. Lambo. ?

Lambo crossed the line before the keys are in the ferraris ignition!

UNDER PERFORM ?

eh, you lost me now :)

and lambo, er hello, DOUBLE the cost of a Ferrari 360m, i should damn well HOPE their faster.

Nowhere near as drivable tho, faaaaaaaar to large..

Something the Gollardo is set to address.

If your going to attempt to speak with some authority, atleast do some background research on the subject.

Godfather
Godfather
OP
Flew up to Edinburgh a few weeks ago to look at a 360 Modena, only a few months old with just 1000 miles on the clock. Gorgeous on the outside, OK on the inside, but completely disappointing performance for a £100K+ car. Drove an X50 shortly after and it blew me a away with its perfectly balanced handling and awesome performance.

Buy a 360 to look cool. Buy a 911 Turbo X50 for the love of driving. No contest :cool:

Back
Top Bottom