• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
So pointless moving to a 5700xt unless its just to play with new toy performance wise sounds like equal or lower?

pointless for me? not really as this forum has many independent posters like myself who others rely on for true representation.

i don’t trust most of the reviews and the navi thread has gone from ‘not even as quick as vega’ > ‘not even as fast as a 2060’ > ‘not even as fast as a 2060S > ‘not even as fast as a 2070 > ‘not even as fast as a 2070S’ > not even as fast as a ‘2080’ > Wow did it just beat a 2080ti in battlefield V ?!

yep - if i downclock the hof to fe speeds that means that once i fit the 5700Xt with a block, if i can get a further 8% perf, it is trading blows with a stock 2080.

once i finish work i will collect more data but I won’t know until all the OC tools work and my EK block arrives in a couple of weeks.

Associate
My entry to the Owners club

kgoKzI3.jpg

Just waiting on posty now for some bits n bobs to cut the graphics card out the waterloop :(
So no real testing on the new card till my EK delivery on the 2nd of next month :( Then we can see what it really can do! :)

Soldato
I upgraded from my old Vega 64 which is now in my son's pc, for a sapphire 5700xt. I didn't "need" to change it, I wanted to change it to have summat to play with (I've got a morpheus sitting waiting to be used). Theres not THAT much performance increase, but enough to be noticeable and its a nice addition to my 3600x.

Soldato
I upgraded from my old Vega 64 which is now in my son's pc, for a sapphire 5700xt. I didn't "need" to change it, I wanted to change it to have summat to play with (I've got a morpheus sitting waiting to be used). Theres not THAT much performance increase, but enough to be noticeable and its a nice addition to my 3600x.

Much overclocking headroom on your 5700xt?

My Vega 56 is ~1640/1000 so probably close to a stock 64.

Associate
Here's where we start / end for now, no playing till the waterblock arrives.

Fan set to 35% minimum

Higher Radeon score is undervolted to 1149mv hit about 80 degrees max, Gigabyte G1 1080 scores are stock with standard cooler (Lower one) and with Ek waterblock and mild OC

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/19908561/fs/19908480/fs/19907964/fs/19899214

Now the blower to me its loud, but I run a custom loop with multiple 140mm fans that just tick over most the time, even the G1 1080 above is too loud for me. But in reality for a regular air-cooled system I don't think its as loud as a lot of the reviews make out.

But for the money im quite happy with the performance

Here's a direct comparison to the best WC score on my 1080 and the undervolted score on the 5700XT

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/19899214/fs/19908561

The performance can only go up once I get it under water

Soldato
I had a Vega 56, and I can honestly say that the 5700 XT is a big step up. I play at 4K, and refunded my Radeon VII, so that gives you some idea! ;)

I didn't even realise there was a VII - what is that thing?

I play at UWD so just shy of 4k, but my VR is essentially 4k and Vega 56 starts to sweat on VR.

Associate
I didn't even realise there was a VII - what is that thing?

I play at UWD so just shy of 4k, but my VR is essentially 4k and Vega 56 starts to sweat on VR.

The Radeon VII was a repurposed workstation card, so not entirely gaming focused. It was good for 4K, but it was expensive, and the 5700 XT is over £200 cheaper for a similar level of gaming performance.

Basically AMD were trying to match the RTX 2080, but using a card which was more suited to professional applications than gaming. It's a good card, don't get me wrong, but if all you do is game then the 5700 XT is the better choice.

Soldato
The Radeon VII was a repurposed workstation card, so not entirely gaming focused. It was good for 4K, but it was expensive, and the 5700 XT is over £200 cheaper for a similar level of gaming performance.

Basically AMD were trying to match the RTX 2080, but using a card which was more suited to professional applications than gaming. It's a good card, don't get me wrong, but if all you do is game then the 5700 XT is the better choice.

I see, thanks for the clarification - the VII had slipped me by!

Are there aftermarket coolers for the 5700XT yet? I have a Raijintek Morpheus on my Vega and it's a-m-a-z-i-n-g.

Literally silent, even at full tilt.

Caporegime
I'm still struggling getting a decent junction temperature with the Morpheus

The pad I bought wasn't what I thought it was either.

I did a quick run because I was concerned and it came in about 77C where previously it was much higher so I've improved it.

Going to try another remount slightly differently this time to see if I can improve it.

Once I've sorted this though I can actually bench the damn thing

Caporegime
Does it fit okay, sounds from your post above it's not quite right?

I don't know if the issue I'm having are down to inexperience with it.

I was running out of time too. For all I know I've fixed my issue but didn't leave it running enough. But I know I can get a better mounting pressure which will help with the hot spot temperature.

For just the core temperature I'm golden. I was at 69C with it maxed out in watt man overclock.

Caporegime
I'm still struggling getting a decent junction temperature with the Morpheus

The pad I bought wasn't what I thought it was either.

I did a quick run because I was concerned and it came in about 77C where previously it was much higher so I've improved it.

Going to try another remount slightly differently this time to see if I can improve it.

Once I've sorted this though I can actually bench the damn thing
There's a similar thermal pad (although im not sure if it is as good) as the one used on the Radeon VII available on the rain forest. Not sure if OcuK sell it as well, but might be worth getting that one and cutting it down a little to fit the die.

Back
Top Bottom