• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
i paid £300 for my Red Devil 5700 XT during 2nd lock down (new from ocuk)

no idea what they are worth right now, but i wouldnt want to change it unless it was one of the new faster AMD cards..

Same. Part of me really wants to just put it up somewhere for double what I paid but then I abhor scalping and joining all the scumbags that do it would bother me.

Plus it'd mean replacing it with... a GT710/730?

Soldato
i paid £300 for my Red Devil 5700 XT during 2nd lock down (new from ocuk)

no idea what they are worth right now, but i wouldnt want to change it unless it was one of the new faster AMD cards..

Think I got my Red Dragon for £330 at the start of first lockdown with Monster Hunter World and RE3, good deal. It's a great 1440p card. Had some driver trouble with it until I think July/August 2020 windows release and it's been peachy since.

Associate
Help please; does anyone know the correct thermal pad depth dimensions for a Reference edition RX 5700 XT card?

Help and advice, I am trying to replace some thermal pads on a RX 5700XT the main issue is, that the past owner has already replaced them, but it is clear they have done a pretty terrible job and I cannot really trust what they have used as been the correct depth, they have not even cut them to the right size to cover each of the memory chips fully...the card works but the temps are way higher than any review temps I have seen.

For the memory they have used 1mm depth and for the chips next to the VRM’s they have used 2mm.

Under normal circumstances, I would just measure the depth of the pad and order some good quality thermal pad material to replace the pads with.

So I am playing a bit of a guessing game, I have watched a few YouTube videos and too my eyes I am guessing they should be 1.5mm but that is a guess.

Please see the YouTube link below at 6 minutes and 11 seconds you get a pretty good look at the thermal pads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud8Bco0dk6Q

Would the instructions for fitting an EK RX 5700 XT waterblock be a good guide ? Or would the EK water block use different depth of thermal pads compared with the original AMD reference edition
thermal pads ?

The instructions show 0.5mm for the ram and 1mm for other areas...but of course that is for a completely different cooling solution.

Help and advice very much appreciated.

Last edited:
Soldato
Same. Part of me really wants to just put it up somewhere for double what I paid but then I abhor scalping and joining all the scumbags that do it would bother me.

Plus it'd mean replacing it with... a GT710/730?
I've had the same thought, with the water block on mine, I'd be looking at 900 I've seen them go for, absolutely mental... and like you I paid 300... insanity isn't it, but like you say, you become part of the problem... so, I'll be keeping mine now for 18 months and let everyone else fight it out. Plays every game I want it to flawlessly!

Last edited:
Associate
I'd sell mine for £800-£900 today if I could get a replacement card. I have an old R9 270 about somewhere but I don't think I could bear going back to that.

Associate
I’ve never been a scalper. I found myself not using the PC for a few months. Tried pricing another up for someone else and found there were no graphics cards. I hadn’t even realised what had happened with the shortage. Mine was an non-XT flashed with an XT bios. One had sold the day before for £750. I paid £286 for mine. I put it in £750 BIW and it sold in less than 20 minutes. I could have got more possibly but I felt wrong to push it.

Associate
I sold my powercolor rx5700 non xt for £500 cash on collection on facebook market place a few months back and it paid for my rx6700

had 6 people offer to buy it could have got more but it was the best option for convienence

i could have got £700 on ebay but by the time I paid fees and carriage and the risk of scams couldnt be arsed

Associate
I’ve never been a scalper. I found myself not using the PC for a few months. Tried pricing another up for someone else and found there were no graphics cards. I hadn’t even realised what had happened with the shortage. Mine was an non-XT flashed with an XT bios. One had sold the day before for £750. I paid £286 for mine. I put it in £750 BIW and it sold in less than 20 minutes. I could have got more possibly but I felt wrong to push it.

tbh if you can get the money to cover a rx6700 sell now and buy one of them the sapphire is a cracking card

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapp...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-39l-sp.html

if nothing else you can use the logic it only ever cost you £300 so pretty much a free upgrade

Back
Top Bottom