• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
Had that issue with the mouse myself, BIOS updated seemed to fix mine. Mentioned on my thread on this forum had my head scratching for weeks. Is it on chrome and taskbar also?Hope u get it sorted.
Yes it is. I've just uninstalled the drivers and am on Chrome with no Radeon drivers in and no noise!! When you say a bios update sorted you out, was that GFX or Mobo?

Associate
I have been running my Red Devil now since Saturday morning and so far I am impressed. Coming from a RTX 2060 its definitely a huge step up. Now, as far as issues go I have had no BSOD's, no issues in gaming (so far Overwatch, WOW Classic. Metro Exodus, D3) but . .

now this is an odd one . . .

My Red Devil is making a slight noise when moving the mouse!?!? Noticed it last night when browsing, no other noise. When I scrolled up and down with the wheel there is a very slight, well coil noise I guess , like a tiny person is whispering "hushhhh" is the only way to describe it. It's VERY quiet though . . .

So I stripped my rig, right down to just the GFX card and bare essentials, still did it. Tried my old 2060 back in the system, no noise. So I put the Red Devil back in and loaded up in Safe Mode with networking, noise has gone. Back to normal Win 10 Pro, noise is back.

On Win 10, fully updated. Fresh install of Windows. All other drivers manufacturer latest. No other issues with rig.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this?

Well after a very late night of bios flashes, trying different memory and even a different PSU, (I'm using a Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1000W as normal BTW and I have an 8700K on the Asus z370 Tuf Pro Gaming), and several mice and a clean format the card is still making this "hush" noise. Is it difficult to hear? Yes, would someone just walking into the room hear it, probably not, can I un-hear it . . . not a chance.

Just to reassure myself I'm not hearing things I asked my wife to listen and yes she can also hear it. It's odd. I'm looking at my browser now and I have a favourites bar. Now its when I move the mouse over any the bookmarks on the bar, anything which causes a highlight that makes the noise. Another example, I open Office on windows 10 and it shows me a list of office products. As I mouse over them they highlight, same as previous documents. This also causes the noise. If I just move the mouse on my desktop, no noise. I'm back on the 2060 as I type this and as before, no noise.

Don't know what to do, do I wait and see if this is something a driver may fix? If I have to return it I don't want to miss my window :/

Soldato
Don't know what to do, do I wait and see if this is something a driver may fix? If I have to return it I don't want to miss my window :/

speculation: for some reason your card is boosting out of low voltage/clock mode. Can you see if the clock speed changes when you move your mouse, you can do this via wattman or afterburner OSD ?

Associate
I can hit 1930 MHz max at 1100 and power limit 0%. But the MHz goes up and down between like 1700 to 1930
Memory at stock.
Core 70
Junction 70-75
With accelero extreme iii

I'm getting low 60s gpu and around 80 hotspot with the same cooler at 1800rpm while gaming.
1172mv +28pwr @2140mhz
Stays above 2000mhz most of the time.

Associate
I can hit 1930 MHz max at 1100 and power limit 0%. But the MHz goes up and down between like 1700 to 1930
Memory at stock.
Core 70
Junction 70-75
With accelero extreme iii

I'm getting low 60s gpu and around 80 hotspot with the same cooler at 1800rpm while gaming.
1172mv +28pwr @2140mhz
Stays above 2000mhz most of the time.
Is that Reference card mate?

Ae reference.

Soldato
Just a heads up for anyone looking at the XFX Thicc II 5700XT. It is a loud and hot pile of dung, AVOID.

Draws 200w in either BIOS
Hits 80c after a 10 minute Valley stress test, after 20 minutes it was at 85c.
Fans were hitting 2500+ RPM and were noisy
VRAM hits 90c
Junction Temp hits 90C
Undervolting didn't help

The only way I could stop it overheating and getting loud was to set the FPS limiter to 60.

It replaced a 1070 in my sons PC with a Riotoro 1080 ATX case. The 1070 had no issues with heating or noise. I also just tested my own 2080 Inno3D X2 OC and it was hitting 83c after 20 minutes, used 230w, fans at 2300, much quieter in use.

So I thinl the major problem with the Thicc II is that the fans are very loud.

The Thicc II has been returned for a refund and a replacement MSI 2060 Super Gaming X has been purchased.

Last edited:
Associate
Can I be a pain and and ask any Powercolor Red Devil 5700xt owners out there to listen to their rig closely and tell me if their card makes and kind of electrical noise when you are doing desktop work, browsing etc. Scrolling web pages up and down, highlighting bookmarks on the bookmark bar, even opening the start menu, mine makes a "hush" sound and whether or not it's because I know it there I don't know but I'm sure it's getting worse.

Soldato
Can I be a pain and and ask any Powercolor Red Devil 5700xt owners out there to listen to their rig closely and tell me if their card makes and kind of electrical noise when you are doing desktop work, browsing etc. Scrolling web pages up and down, highlighting bookmarks on the bookmark bar, even opening the start menu, mine makes a "hush" sound and whether or not it's because I know it there I don't know but I'm sure it's getting worse.
Mines completley silent, you don't have Mafia 2 to check that it works do you? :p

Back
Top Bottom