• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
What you're both saying is...the good old days :p

Also the change of fan size above the card has it idling at 43c in this awful awful heat, it was approx 50-52c idling before :eek:

If the fan design is similar to the Vega 64 ref block, doesn't pull that much air. Forcing air through it with a fan, is improves it's ability.

Soldato
@Panos And what is your result with the fan mod?
@jrodga2k5 can you post a photo of your card sitting in your case with the fan mod? what temps do you have at full load?

No fan mod done...I've literally only swapped out 2x120mm fans for 2x140mm and it's making a big difference. My case is ideal for cards such as this and supplying decent air flow directly to it...pic to come :)

Soldato
So the fan mode should work too if in a case is enough positive presure.

btw I love Silverstone cases and it's sad that there is no new version of RV02 case.

Yeah they are really nice, had to look outwith Overclockers for this one as they don't have the most extensive range of the new ones. This one reminds me of the Raven in a way. Probably why I was so attracted to it.

Associate
Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Hk6Mrap.jpg

Date 14/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, bake73, Link
Date 12/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, jrodga2k5, Link
Date 11/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, LtMatt, Link
Date 11/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, docsonic, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Radeon RX 5700 XT.

Can we get vanilla XT and 50th owners posting their stock voltage & clock out of the box, please?

Would like to see if the 50th is actually binned or if they're just pushing the clock higher up the voltage curve on an identical bin.

Soldato
Ok, got me 5700xt installed (allbeit in a second pc not the main one) tried to run heaven benchie and as soon as I clicked to overlay gpu-z, the pc crashed and restarted. Its doing it all the time,even if I leave it alone for a bit and just move the mouse pointer, BANG, restart. Now in desktop and google,etc, theres issues at all which is making me think its the drivers. Which versh do people here recommend?

Associate
Would be nice to know if the 50th is binned or not, on the fence which one to go for, cant seem to find anything definitive as to whether it is binned or not. Either way its going straight under water...….too noisy otherwise!

Soldato
Ok, got me 5700xt installed (allbeit in a second pc not the main one) tried to run heaven benchie and as soon as I clicked to overlay gpu-z, the pc crashed and restarted. Its doing it all the time,even if I leave it alone for a bit and just move the mouse pointer, BANG, restart. Now in desktop and google,etc, theres issues at all which is making me think its the drivers. Which versh do people here recommend?
Sorted it. If anyones interested, don't try running one these gpus with a 500w psu, it don't like it. I transferred it over to the main pc thats got a coolermaster V700 and it works like a champ now.
Blower wise, I can here it when it spins up but its near silent in desktop.
Just got figure out undervolting using wattman, its different to what I'm used to (why can't they leave things alone)

Caporegime
Sorted it. If anyones interested, don't try running one these gpus with a 500w psu, it don't like it. I transferred it over to the main pc thats got a coolermaster V700 and it works like a champ now.
Just got figure out undervolting using wattman, its different to what I'm used to (why can't they leave things alone)
650W min PSU requirement for the 5700 XT btw.

Soldato

<Pointing at the top left corner on this forum> Last time checked it was called overclockers not stockclockers..... :D

Back
Top Bottom