• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
My brother has the TUF 6800xt and at £949 currently at ocuk it's a no brainer unless you have a 5950x and intend to push for benchmarks numbers?
Yeah I have the TUF as well, but with a 5800X. I mean I always benchmark and play around wotht he clocks when I get a new card just to get the most out of the overclock headroom but afterwards I leave it alone and just game with it.

Associate
Yeah I have the TUF as well, but with a 5800X. I mean I always benchmark and play around wotht he clocks when I get a new card just to get the most out of the overclock headroom but afterwards I leave it alone and just game with it.
What's your best timespy number on the new driver? My brother has the 5800x too. His managed a 19519 overall, 21347 graphics, 13142 CPU score. Max oc without MPT.

Associate
What's your best timespy number on the new driver? My brother has the 5800x too. His managed a 19519 overall, 21347 graphics, 13142 CPU score. Max oc without MPT.
Just did a quick test.
Graphic: 20980
CPU: 12809
I dont know what MPT is :/ Im using a PCIE Gen 3 Riser cable, dont know how much difference that makes.

Last edited:
Associate
I've just added a riser kit to my PC and my Sapphire Nitro+ SE OC RX6900XT is now vertical. Really pleased with it....:)
qUg5gQW.jpg

I don't think i could go back to not using a vertical mount they look great and remove GPU sag. Have any trouble getting your GPU in to the riser cable slot? I had to add washers under the riser mount on the bracket.

Associate
I don't think i could go back to not using a vertical mount they look great and remove GPU sag. Have any trouble getting your GPU in to the riser cable slot? I had to add washers under the riser mount on the bracket.

Now I've got it in my case, I rather like it. It does help that the Sapphire is a SE and has the RGB on the fans ;)

The Lian-Li web site had information about where to screw the cable into. It stated that 3 slot GFX cards needed to be in the first slot. However, when I tried to fit the card on the bracket, it was so close to the motherboard, it was pushing against the bottom motherboard headers. Also the cable was really bunched up behind the GFX card and the motherboard, I think if I had managed to get it in there, it was a possibility that the cable could have become damaged. I couldn't get the card in anyway, so moved the card two slot two and everything went fine. There is now a nice gap between the GFX card and the motherboard and the riser cable is in a nice 'S' shape too. I was only following what was on the Lian-Li website! (silly me! :rolleyes:)

The fitting was a bit fiddly and with the messing with what slot to install the cable, made it a pain, but I got there in the end.

I was quite surprised as my 3DMark score has increased by 180 points and my temps have dropped too :p

I have also had no noticeable drop of FPS in my games either, as a lot of people have had issues with PCI-E 4.0 riser cables, either not working, or lowered FPS in games. :(

I'm happy with the results. I don't think I'll go back to non vertical mounted GFX cards, so I'm sold.;)

Associate
Now I've got it in my case, I rather like it. It does help that the Sapphire is a SE and has the RGB on the fans ;)

The Lian-Li web site had information about where to screw the cable into. It stated that 3 slot GFX cards needed to be in the first slot. However, when I tried to fit the card on the bracket, it was so close to the motherboard, it was pushing against the bottom motherboard headers. Also the cable was really bunched up behind the GFX card and the motherboard, I think if I had managed to get it in there, it was a possibility that the cable could have become damaged. I couldn't get the card in anyway, so moved the card two slot two and everything went fine. There is now a nice gap between the GFX card and the motherboard and the riser cable is in a nice 'S' shape too. I was only following what was on the Lian-Li website! (silly me! :rolleyes:)

The fitting was a bit fiddly and with the messing with what slot to install the cable, made it a pain, but I got there in the end.

I was quite surprised as my 3DMark score has increased by 180 points and my temps have dropped too :p

I have also had no noticeable drop of FPS in my games either, as a lot of people have had issues with PCI-E 4.0 riser cables, either not working, or lowered FPS in games. :(

I'm happy with the results. I don't think I'll go back to non vertical mounted GFX cards, so I'm sold.;)

Yeah it is fiddly moving the riser cable about on the bracket, i did not even know that information from the website lol opps. Mine is in the 2nd or 3rd slot cannot remmeber which, i had an issue where the card would not slot down fully in to the pcie slot so i had to stick some washers underneath. I mean it was a fast fix and seems fine but just an annoyance.

Associate
Yeah it is fiddly moving the riser cable about on the bracket, i did not even know that information from the website lol opps. Mine is in the 2nd or 3rd slot cannot remmeber which, i had an issue where the card would not slot down fully in to the pcie slot so i had to stick some washers underneath. I mean it was a fast fix and seems fine but just an annoyance.

Now I know what a faff it can be, I know the ways round it all, just for whenever, I build another PC....which won't be for a while now ;)

Associate
I just realized that the "Ultimate Cards" have require 3 PCIE cables because they need more power. However there is at least 1 that still has 2 on their XTXH card. Wouldnt that be counter productive?

Caporegime
I just realized that the "Ultimate Cards" have require 3 PCIE cables because they need more power. However there is at least 1 that still has 2 on their XTXH card. Wouldnt that be counter productive?
Are you referring to the Limited Edition Merc? I think all the power colour cards, even the XTX models have 3 power connectors.

Caporegime
Yeah the Merc still has 2 instead of 3 like most of the XTXH cards Ive seen.
2 should still be enough, but 3 will help a little bit at overclocking extremes.

The problem with the XTXH cards is that unless you use an AIO or have it under water, they are not really any faster than the XTX models for the most part due to the extra heat the increased power limit and voltage creates.

If you are going XTXH, go for an AIO version, or if you intend to water cool properly go with a model that has a water block for it.

If you are going for air, I would suggest getting a normal XTX instead.

Associate
2 should still be enough, but 3 will help a little bit at overclocking extremes.

The problem with the XTXH cards is that unless you use an AIO or have it under water, they are not really any faster than the XTX models for the most part due to the extra heat the increased power limit and voltage creates.

If you are going XTXH, go for an AIO version, or if you intend to water cool properly go with a model that has a water block for it.

If you are going for air, I would suggest getting a normal XTX instead.
That sums it up haha

Thanks

Caporegime
I wonder how @Gerard is getting on with his 6900 XT.

If you mean by messing around with settings etc that's not something I bother with these days, used to but I find it more of an annoyance now where something will end up getting slung out a window at some point. Same goes for cpu, memory settings etc, simply do not have the patience for any of that crap these days.

Only played a few rounds of bfv with it to date and messed about in gtav a bit, for a game from 2013 performance in that is grim. Besides that I'm more or less waiting for bf 2042 to put it to use more, and if that game turns out to be a turd will likely just sell it on.

Caporegime
If you mean by messing around with settings etc that's not something I bother with these days, used to but I find it more of an annoyance now where something will end up getting slung out a window at some point. Same goes for cpu, memory settings etc, simply do not have the patience for any of that crap these days.

Only played a few rounds of bfv with it to date and messed about in gtav a bit, for a game from 2013 performance in that is grim. Besides that I'm more or less waiting for bf 2042 to put it to use more, and if that game turns out to be a turd will likely just sell it on.
Your positivity continues to be an inspiration to me.

Back
Top Bottom