• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

Caporegime
Been testing out a maximum stable overclock on the Merc and I'm able to run 2775Mhz core clock (2725Mhz+ in game) and 2124Mhz on the memory fully stable.

Fan speed of 50% and that can keep temps under control whilst not being noisy.

Found a 3090 FE user running the exact same settings, but with an Intel CPU and the GPU at stock (i believe) and the 6900 XT appears to be 25-30% faster which seems pretty good to me considering this is a Nvidia sponsored title.

9:50 - 2160p Ultra - DLSS OFF

Associate
Yo guys, just signed up after lurking here for a while, super informative thread this, thanks for all the info :D!

Had my Asrock 6900XT Phantom D for a while now, since my trusty old 1080ti blew a cap about two months ago. (worst timing ever)

Anyway, I'm super happy with the performance but I'm trying to get it a bit more silent under load, if I want to "lock" it at say 2300mhz, what's the best way to do that? Put the minimum and maximum clock sliders in Wattman on 2300mhz? I'm playing Outriders atm on a 3840*1600p Alienware monitor and man does it get super loud at times... I would also want to avoid capping the game framerate too much with that Radeon Chill stuff.

Caporegime
Yo guys, just signed up after lurking here for a while, super informative thread this, thanks for all the info :D!

Had my Asrock 6900XT Phantom D for a while now, since my trusty old 1080ti blew a cap about two months ago. (worst timing ever)

Anyway, I'm super happy with the performance but I'm trying to get it a bit more silent under load, if I want to "lock" it at say 2300mhz, what's the best way to do that? Put the minimum and maximum clock sliders in Wattman on 2300mhz? I'm playing Outriders atm on a 3840*1600p Alienware monitor and man does it get super loud at times... I would also want to avoid capping the game framerate too much with that Radeon Chill stuff.
Try loading these profiles into GPU Tuning and see how you get on. The 2340/2400Mhz ones should lower your temps and fan noise. You may be able to adjust fan speed and voltage further but this gives you a starting point.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmfBfrWrCDQLuUkWrQHzxka5d96l?e=RfPkGx

Last edited:
Associate
Been testing out a maximum stable overclock on the Merc and I'm able to run 2775Mhz core clock (2725Mhz+ in game) and 2124Mhz on the memory fully stable.

Fan speed of 50% and that can keep temps under control whilst not being noisy.

Found a 3090 FE user running the exact same settings, but with an Intel CPU and the GPU at stock (i believe) and the 6900 XT appears to be 25-30% faster which seems pretty good to me considering this is a Nvidia sponsored title.

9:50 - 2160p Ultra - DLSS OFF

Run it with Ray tracing see what FPS you get.;)

Looks very smooth though. I need to try this game tonight it's just been sitting there .

What video capture tool did you use for the video btw.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom