• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

Caporegime
Caporegime
Managed to pick up a 6900XT Merc Black for £1450 is that about the going price or have i been scalped ?
Well, that's not too bad considering the prices of 6900 XTs at retailers these days.

Be interested to know what the stock GPU clock speed is (in Radeon Software > GPU Tuning) and how well she overclocks. The Merc is a beast of an air cooler. :)

Soldato
Well, that's not too bad considering the prices of 6900 XTs at retailers these days.

Be interested to know what the stock GPU clock speed is (in Radeon Software > GPU Tuning) and how well she overclocks. The Merc is a beast of an air cooler. :)

Not even unboxed it yet lol

I sent my Powercolor Red Devil Ultimate back as i thought £1800 was just a little too much.

I think the Black just get a very miniscule clock boost over the normal version.

Caporegime
Not even unboxed it yet lol

I sent my Powercolor Red Devil Ultimate back as i thought £1800 was just a little too much.

I think the Black just get a very miniscule clock boost over the normal version.
There is the Merc Ultra and the Merc Black. The Black has a slightly higher stock core clock at stock, probably a leakier chip and perhaps a marginally better bin.

I've had both, but in my case the Ultra turned out to be the better overclocker, despite being £50 cheaper. :D

My bad. The specs are:

Ryzen 7 5800x
Asus X570 Crosshair Hero
8GB RAM (Got a spare 16GB)
XFX Merc 319 16GB 6900XT
850W Corsair RM PSU
5000D Airflow
Corsair 150i AIO
1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus
£2607

Or

Red Devil 6900XT
£1679

I'd go with the Merc pre built. :)

Associate
There is the Merc Ultra and the Merc Black. The Black has a slightly higher stock core clock at stock, probably a leakier chip and perhaps a marginally better bin.

I've had both, but in my case the Ultra turned out to be the better overclocker, despite being £50 cheaper. :D

What were your settings for your merc ultra for max OC?

Associate

The thing is I really don't want to spend anymore on hardware. GPU prices as is are high enough!!

Caporegime
What was you're settings for you merc ultra for max OC?
2700/2012Mhz in game.

This is game stable under extended heavy load. It maintains 2700Mhz core clock in game. Using MPT to set a power limit to 400W, but it never really goes too much over 350-370W.

lspminR.png

I can run higher clocks for Firestrike and other short benches, but they are not truly long term stable like this.

Caporegime
Interesting how it always seems to be the more expensive cards that some stores get in stock, 6800xt? Nope, 6900xt? Oh yes. Almost £1700, **** off :cry:

ed: spoke too soon

iVdCSxT.png

Associate
2700/2012Mhz in game.

This is game stable under extended heavy load. It maintains 2700Mhz core clock in game. Using MPT to set a power limit to 400W, but it never really goes too much over 350-370W.

lspminR.png

I can run higher clocks for Firestrike and other short benches, but they are not truly long term stable like this.

How does it compare to the black edition you had?

Caporegime
Dunno if I should be excited or cry. :rolleyes:

Things have never been this bad for gpu availability, amd are trying to cater to consoles as well as pc which would be bad enough without the pandemic, factor the pandemic in and availability is a farce. There's an alleged 70-80% of amd production going to consoles and a while ago MS and Sony were asking for more. Amd are supposed to be ramping up production and that was mentioned as recently as a few days ago, but with such a large chunk going to consoles it will probably not have that big of an effect on gpu availability.

It is comical though that both amd and nvidia continue to launch new cards when availability of the cards launched last year is virtually non existent.

Associate
Things have never been this bad for gpu availability, amd are trying to cater to consoles as well as pc which would be bad enough without the pandemic, factor the pandemic in and availability is a farce. There's an alleged 70-80% of amd production going to consoles and a while ago MS and Sony were asking for more. Amd are supposed to be ramping up production and that was mentioned as recently as a few days ago, but with such a large chunk going to consoles it will probably not have that big of an effect on gpu availability.

It is comical though that both amd and nvidia continue to launch new cards when availability of the cards launched last year is virtually non existent.

Yeah a slap in the face to consumers. To fellow Red Devil owners what level of OC can I expect?

Associate
I've noticed that when I set the max gpu voltage back to 1175mV in MPT the min voltage will drop closer to 660mV in light loads and around 680mV while playing BfV which is crazy as it's only using 80W.

Back
Top Bottom