The Real Top Gun. Gulf of Sidra, 1989.

Soldato
Phog said:
Was it just me who thought the Americans sounded very unprofessional? I'm not doubting their ability but that is how it seemed to me.

Well they arn't the RAF what what?

*adjusts goggles and white scarf*

Soldato
SORRY TO HIJACK IF ANY DONS/UNDERBOSS'S ARE ABOUT

AWAYBREAKTODAY <--- PERSONAL INSULTS, HAD A LOOK FOR A DON ON SC BUT NONE AROUND... HAS BEEN TOLD NOT TO REFER TO PERSONAL INSULTS HAS DONE 4TIMES

>| Raoh |<

Sorry again chaps :(

Soldato
William said:
Well they arn't the RAF what what?

*adjusts goggles and white scarf*

Chocks away! Bally Jerry, pranged his kite right in the how's-your-father; hairy blighter, dicky-birded, feathered back on his sammy, took a waspy, flipped over on his Betty Harpers and caught his can in the Bertie!

Man of Honour
robmiller said:
Chocks away! Bally Jerry, pranged his kite right in the how's-your-father; hairy blighter, dicky-birded, feathered back on his sammy, took a waspy, flipped over on his Betty Harpers and caught his can in the Bertie!

OMFG I've been trying to remember that whole thing for WEEKS :D Thankyou!

Soldato
RaohNS said:

AWAYBREAKTODAY <--- PERSONAL INSULTS, HAD A LOOK FOR A DON ON SC BUT NONE AROUND... HAS BEEN TOLD NOT TO REFER TO PERSONAL INSULTS HAS DONE 4TIMES

>| Raoh |<

PERHAPS YOU SHOULD USE THE "REPORT THIS POST TO A MODERATOR" BUTTON RATHER THAN SHOUTING

Soldato
RaohNS said:

>| Raoh |<

You're not sorry because you went and did it anyway you lying barsteward!

Associate
Kinda agree about the language the pilots were using - I remember seeing a comparison video done after the 1st Gulf War where, on destruction of some Iraqi emplacement or armour, the british pilots calmly stated:

"Target Destroyed - returning to base" and that was that.

Cut to american A-10 - "Take that Saddam!", "Yeeha!" etc

I'm not saying its wrong - it's just that they are different armed forces with different motivational techniques and attitudes.

weird huh?

Permabanned
G-MAN2004 said:

Its a military term.

I you want to dogfight with another plane you sneak into the hangar at night and write 'I OWNZ U, LOLLLERCOPTER' all over their cockpit in white paint.

Permabanned
sr4470 said:
F-14s have a ~100 mile missile range, and their radar can track the target with a signal too weak for the enemy RWR to detect.

Except the warhead is made out of gunpowder, so will often cause no damage at all.

Back
Top Bottom