The Return of DFI?

Associate
I was looking to buy off OC so long as the price was right, but there has not been anything mentioned as to if never mind when they will be getting the DFI range back on the shelves :confused:

Soldato
Well looks like the DFI LP DK P35-T2RS is using a soldered on bios chip. Probally cuts manufacture costs.

DSCF0059.JPG

Soldato
Would suck if bios update screwed up, £80 mobo to send to Netherlands - I wonder how much that would cost.

It would and probably does suck if you had to. But remember that these are the cheaper range of DFI mobo's. DFI's competition at the same price point use soldered on bios chips as well. Just as with Gigabyte, Asus ect, if you want a removable bios chip, you have to buy the higher specked mobo's. As long as you don't use Windows to flash the bios, you should be fairly safe anyway.

Associate
Well TBH, I have been using DFI boards for a while, but the fact they can be rather temperamental at times and the fact that official BIOSes with support if something goes wrong come very few and far between is a pain in the ass when your board is riddled with problems.

I'd have no hesitations of going back to DFI but right now I am only really interested in X48 or nF790i, since they seem to be the biggest and best OCers, even if it means I will have to invest in DDR3 (OCZs FlexXLC 2 looks nice).

But there seem to be mor eoptions still to come. With those chipsets comes some stability in Nforce for the first time in AGES, and with ASUS and Foxconn offering similarly specced and overclocking boards, I will personally be waiting to see which comes out on top there myself. It's said Foxconn update their BIOSes regularly on the Quantum force site, or will, so that should be a HUGE bonus for them.

I dunno. I won't jump anywhere just yet. DFI or otherwise.

Man of Honour
Real big fan of the DFI boards, have a 975 right now with a quad and my next upgrade will be DFI for sure... A YES from me!!

Soldato
Still using my LanParty NF4 UT SLI-D and wouldn't say no to another one. It's the best motherboard I've ever had. Its only flaws is the positioning of the SATA connectors - right under the graphics card - and the rather loud chipset fan, which is also right under the graphics card! Other than that it's fantastic. Still many more years left in it!

Associate
Got my LT X48-T2R yesterday, just waiting on some watercooling bits before I give it a whirl

Stock NB cooler

Package contents

That's got a socketed bios, another big thumb up from me after having a failed bios upgrade. Luckily my trusty P5WDH also uses socketed bios, cost only 10 quid to replace it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom