The Return of the 'King'

Associate
OK - seems Johannes Roberts (F, Storage 24 and The Other Side of the Door) is adapting Hearts in Atlantis (the actual short story, not a remake of the two stories that made it to the screen in the Hopkins movie Hearts in Atlantis)

It's going to be called "Hearts" - and he's selling it as a Stand By Me type movie (a sequel of sorts).

Soldato
I really liked The Stand TV series I've seen it quite a few times, first was on VHS and if you look you can still find it on DVD and Bluray. Its not that far off from the book IIRC. To be fair the book is massive so they did a good job with the TV series although I have been following on IMDB they are meant to be making a new version but its not appeared yet. Cell was a big disappointment it didnt follow the book. Also Under The Dome whilst I thought the series was okayish big disappointment it didnt follow the book at all and went off in a different direction.

Soldato
After watching The Mist show I thought it was utterly terrible. The premise of the movie was so well done and to be honest the show didn't capture that one iota. While I appreciated that they went for the "Mans Struggle and what they will do when desperate" angle it just didn't work on any level. It was so disjointed and most of the time the acting was sub par. I really didn't care for any of the characters so it was hard to get invested for 10 episodes. All the religion connotations were silly really.

I actually loved the movie. It was a shock movie with monsters, suspense, gore, claustrophobia accompanied with a huge dollop of paranoia and despair but the show really didn't compare.

Associate
So I caught up and watched Gerald's Game on Netflix over the weekend.

I thought it was an excellent adaptation of the novel - the ending was a tad overdrawn, but everything I remember from the novel was in there (was a long while ago since I read the novel). I noticed a few small differences from the novel, but nothing major.

My wife found it a little uncomfortable to watch, but from a good point of view, she enjoyed it.

Still need to see Mr Mercedes...

In other news - teaser trailer for the JJ Abrams' Castle Rock series is out.

Back
Top Bottom