1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ricky Gervais Show : your opinions?

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Kill_Phil, 24 Apr 2010.

1. Kill_Phil

Wise Guy

well after reading the slating reviews of critics of his new show thought id give it a shot myself last night...

imo i thought it was awesome, and the cartoon sketches were top notch as wel. some parts had me in stitches and i can only wish for a friend like karl pilkington. :)

2. jp_bl_68

Sgarrista

I was in tears. I used to listen to their show on Xfm and this was every bit as good. Karl Pilkington is a legend.

3. bledd

Don

Tbh, anyone that doesn't like the shows (they do take one or two to really get into them) has a screw loose.

Even if you hate Ricky Gervais, the radio shows are awesome.

4. Marky

Capodecina

Loved it :D Hilarious :D

5. Peve

Wise Guy

Not a fan myself as it just seems to be the same material as the podcasts.

6. bledd

Don

It is the exact same audio as the podcasts, they're just reaching out to more people

7. Ceryndrion

Mobster

to be honest, I've never found him funny at all

8. Peve

Wise Guy

Or trying to milk the podcasts to make more money :p

9. daz

Capodecina

Just the same as the podcasts so it's just another way to listen to them I suppose.

I always enjoyed listening to the podcasts on the train or walking down the street... something funny will be said and then you just crack up laughing and people think you're a bit mental. :o

10. bledd

Don

Karl's stories are the funniest :)

11. Tobywon

Hitman

He's never impressed me tbh. best appearance so far was in Stardust when he gets the sword through him, that made me chuckle

12. Aman

Hitman

Karl is a comedy genius

13. Wizzfizz

Capodecina

Don't find RG funny in the slightest, if anything he irritates me. Who's this Karl?

14. jp_bl_68

Sgarrista

Karl's an idiot but he's bloody hilarious. He's the star of the show. Ricky and Stephen just poke him every now and then to keep the good stuff flowing. You don't have to be a Gervais fan to enjoy this.

15. DoubleCheese

Wise Guy

I've got the XFM shows on my Ipod and I never get bored of them. I only watched a bit of the show last night, not sure I liked it, as I already had a mental image of them in the sudio doing the shows....will try and watch the next one.

16. Apex

Capodecina

seems very setup to me; they're pretending as though it's just them having a conversation that ended up being funny but then say things that sound as though they knew it'd get this or that reaction/funny thing said so they can laugh.

17. jp_bl_68

Sgarrista

They pick topics beforehand, Karl goes away and "researches" talking points, it's setup but everyone's being themselves.

18. Scratchy

Wise Guy

The podcasts are set up in a way sometimes because they will bring up funny stories that Karl will have told them before when they were on XFM, they aren't scripted or anything though.

19. Hunders

Mobster

Karl Pilkington has a head like a ****ing orange!

Love the podcasts... I pretty much solely listen to them in work. They never fail to amuse me and I've listened to each of them many times over.

It shouldn't really be called the Ricky Gervais show. As Gervais himself said in the, I think, third podcast it should be called the Karl Pilkington show.

EDIT: Karl has his own show coming at some point this year to be shown on Sky 1 I believe. It's basically him travelling to some of the worlds wonders and giving his opinion on it. Should be funny because in the podcasts Karl is usually unimpressed with the numerous holidays he goes on.

Last edited: 24 Apr 2010
  20. Margaret

PermaBanned

Protip: If you have friends you often learn how they would react to things, then you can say stuff to provoke these reactions.

Go get some friends. :D