The Ricky Gervais Show : your opinions?

Protip: If you have friends you often learn how they would react to things, then you can say stuff to provoke these reactions.

Go get some friends. :D

protip: if you're on t.v and you know that preparing the show to give "unscripted" comedy events will increase it's popularity, then you do that.

:p

as you've said with friends you learn how they react, yet ricky and stephen "act" surprised at his reaction.

Soldato
Personally, I really don't think its all an act.

Here's a little clip for people who watched/listened to the first podcast which featured the flies and condom...

Associate
Personally, I really don't think its all an act.

Here's a little clip for people who watched/listened to the first podcast which featured the flies and condom...
]

Loved it lol. Weird aint it!

I always listen to the podcasts when travelling. The time just dissapears and the number of times I'll just be sat there chuckling to myself, trying not to look too weird as previously mentioned here.

Soldato
I can't be bothered looking up those words but it is quite clear that it is scripted.
I remember listening to the xfm podcasts and it was the second one where I got what was happening.
Still very funny though

Karl isnt that clever, as for not knowing what/who is Keyser Soze, have you been living in a hermetically sealed prog rock time capsule for the past 15 years?

Caporegime
I thought it was ok, I'd rather have watched the film of them sat around a reording studio than the cartoons and it's scripted but moments still made me laugh.

Slightly above average but I don't see this supposed genius in the pilkington bloke, it's just someone over playing stupidity.

Caporegime
Love the Karl Pilkington stuff, don't mind Gervais/Merchant at all (wierdly, I can't stand The Office though). Thought the Ricky Gervais show animations were alright.

Soldato
I cant ever believe listening to these or watching them, that Ricky finds all the stuff as funny as it is. His laugh is so irritating, that I have to turn it off.

Associate
Ricky Gervais is the most overrated, not-at-all-funny comedian ever.

I've seen Michael Macintyre, John Bishop and Ricky Gervais live, and Gervais wiped the floor with both of them.

I think he is extremely clever and funny, and I feel that many people that do not like him it is partly based on their thoughts that he is arrogant. Whereas I know that is just part of his act.

Soldato
Karl isn't a character, there's loads of stories of people who've met him in everyday life and they say he isn't putting it on. Also, Merchant and Gervais said if they had created such a great character why would they waste him on a poxy radio show on xfm?

He's obviously changed over the years and sometimes becomes a parody of himself recently, but in the earlier podcasts he was brilliant, still one of the most entertaining celebrities (?) in the world to me, so I don't mind

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom