• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RTX 2080 pre-order thread

Associate
1080p to 3440x1440 all in the space of a few months and only optimization? That's a big hope. Sounds more like waiting another gen or so to me.
Perhaps, I'd be ok with 30fps probably as long as it locks and presumably both game and drivers are not optimised properly atm so hopefully I'll be able to get something playable. If not I guess I'll just have to drop down to 2560x1080.

Associate
Perhaps, I'd be ok with 30fps probably as long as it locks and presumably both game and drivers are not optimised properly atm so hopefully I'll be able to get something playable. If not I guess I'll just have to drop down to 2560x1080.

If your happy with 30fps buy a console

Soldato
Watch the personal attacks my little pedigree chum, I'll spell it out cause obviously you cannot read I will cancel if they turn out rubbish if not then I'll get my card when there's no stock. No money has come out my bank so wheres the problem.

Nothing personal about it. And I hate to wee on people's cornflakes but really, come on.

Soldato
Most likely in for a pair, but still waiting to confirm which are reference PCB as they'll be going straight underwater... A lot of hate flying round this/other forums its quite sad. If it turns out to be utterly terrible in benchmarks it will simply get cancelled so I honestly don't understand the absolute hate to anyone who has ordered.

Soldato
I pre ordered the FE RTX 2080 Ti because, well why not? I have the money, and I like having the best thing available
I used to feel that way also but nowadays I couldn't really care for having the best of the best. I found if anything it just distracted me from the game. Got obsessed by the frames per second ticker in the corner and was more interested in that than anything. Lol I remember thinking of other people with better systems that wouldn't get that same bit of slow down in that particular place, the game wasn't as good for me because of it and blah blah. Now I'm just like meh, play the game and stop worrying that it's not -the optimal experience!!! Because it's never going to be :D

Soldato
I’m sorry but if you pre-order a card with no idea of performance you are an absolute moron.

That rule goes for any graphics card from any company.
I disagree,personally. And no I have not ordered one. You know it's not going to be rubbish. And people can cancel if they want to too. Buyers will be buying for future performance too that the reviews wont be able to cover
Given the price I suspect the reviews will be all over the place, some wanting to slate from the word go I suspect. I also suspect in a years time they'll be highly regarded GPU's. All IMO of course.
By the time the reviews are out deliveries will probably Nov/Dec the way it's going

Last edited:
Soldato
I was willing to buy the 2080 but not without

1. Comparison with 1080ti
2. Raytracing performance hit which they didn't touch on

I'm buying this card to play at 4k. If raytracing isn't possible at 4k without tanking the FPS to <60, then I struggle to find the point in buying an RTX card.

I don't think raytracing beats a higher resolution of frame rate at present.

Associate
I think we now know why Nvidia wanted everyone to sign that new NDA. Benchmarks won't be out until the pre-orders ship and the money is in their pockets. Good luck cancelling after the order is on it's way :D

Back
Top Bottom