• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RTX 2080 pre-order thread

Associate
Another point is that in the past AA/AF was poured over between ATI and nvidia and ATI was better.
But when actually playing games at full speed you did not really notice it.

I think the same will be here with RT. OK it will look good in screenshots/super slo mo etc but in game will it matter, especially if it has side effects? Note this is first implementation and only few games. Rasterisation against last gen matters still.

The nvidia driver team just ordered in the midnight pizzas

Soldato
People need to stop calling everyone idiots who decides to spend their own money on what they want... if these people are indeed idiots I’m not sure how they seem to have all this money which you don’t.

Soldato
Genius move, buy a brand new shiny ray tracing card and then turn off the main selling point to get playable fps :D
It reminds me of when DirectX 9 came out, and there were loads of people moving from the Geforce 4 MX cards to the Geforce FX 5200-5500 cards, so they could have the same FPS plus the ability to use Direct3D 9 mode, at 14 FPS in the three games that supported it :p

Soldato
But who is actually buying one for the ray tracing though, don't feel the excitement on here for that feature. We're waiting to hear about the performance difference to the 10xx series card.

Soldato
I think NDA will remain in place until they ship.

Which shipping date, NV's orginal or OcUK's AIB's?

Yeah but what happens if it turns out to be another leaf blower 5800U? I was around then and had to defend them against the ATI hordes for a long time until they got their mojo back first with 6xxx series and then went ahead with 8xxxx, the 8800 being a killer card of courser.

Nvidia took some big gambles with that that did not pay off. this is a gamble on Ray Tracing.

If you have that amount of money another 200 is neither here or there

You just like the glamour of the shiny new thing, go on admit it :p

Shiny or not I will cancel if they are less than a 20% jump on my Xp, which I doubt will be the case.

Last edited:
Soldato
Out of interest, how long have you had your car? Do you become desperate to upgrade that after 3 years too :p

Whatever lies you have to tell yourself in order to justify this, umm, interesting purchasing decision :D

3 years is roughly the tenure of car ownership for many people yes... PCP is massively on the rise due to very attractive rates/dealer contributions so actual ownership is becoming less of a thing.

Back
Top Bottom