• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Permabanned
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/radeon-rx-vega-64-water-cooling,review-33986-2.html
Tomshardware used it when they were snubbed an acutal liquid Vega.
I don't think they are doing it right. For a start blobs or lines work fine if you apply one to GPU and one each to the HBM chips. I'm doing far better than their results in percentages with a 56 under a G10 bracket with a NZXT X41 140mm in push pull.

Yes the 56 is a fair bit cooler but the thing most people are getting wrong is not applying enough down torque to the AIO cold plate. You need to get it squished down pretty damn tight to flatten out the convex plate surface for a good mating fit or your heat transfer area is crud. if you apply force in increments diagonally you won't break it. The eiswolf may suffer from a lack of mounting torque or it might just not be terribly good, who knows.

Associate
HWiNFO32/64 v5.57-3250 Beta available.

Changes:
  • Fixed reporting of GPU VDDC and MVDCC on AMD Radeon RX Vega.
  • Fixed reporting of GPU memory current/power on AMD Radeon RX Vega.
  • Fixed monitoring of some disk activity sensors.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASRock X399 series.
  • Added preliminary support of Intel Ice Lake.
  • Updated monitoring of GPU Chip Power on AMD Radeon RX Vega.
  • Fixed reporting of estimated efficiency of some Corsair PSUs.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on MSI Z370 series.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on Biostar TB250 series.

Soldato
I seem to be having a few issues with my new V64. I got it today and fitted it and am having intermittent reboots. The monitor will go into standby and the system will reboot.

I've stuck my CPU to stock and it's made no difference, however my system has been rock solid for about a year. I managed to play Doom for about an hour with no crashes, then it rebooted several times browsing the web afterwards. I fired up Doom again and it crashed but now it's been on for 15mins on the desktop. There doesn't seem to be any recurring theme to it, it will crash if it's stressed or not.

Soldato
I seem to be having a few issues with my new V64. I got it today and fitted it and am having intermittent reboots. The monitor will go into standby and the system will reboot.

I've stuck my CPU to stock and it's made no difference, however my system has been rock solid for about a year. I managed to play Doom for about an hour with no crashes, then it rebooted several times browsing the web afterwards. I fired up Doom again and it crashed but now it's been on for 15mins on the desktop. There doesn't seem to be any recurring theme to it, it will crash if it's stressed or not.
What psu you using? Make and model

Associate

Some things I would check:
  • reinstalling graphics drivers after cleaning out old ones using DDU
  • looking through the System log in Event Viewer to check for messages such as from the WHEA-Logger about possible hardware problems
  • using separate PCIe power cables to the PSU rather than using both connectors on a single cable; also try re-seating cables, and card in slot
A 750W PSU should be fine; I'm running a V64 OC under water (with an OC R7) on a 600W PSU with no problems.

Soldato
I did a clean install of the drivers, but didn't clear out the old ones. There is nothing in the Event Viewer, just logs when it starts back up and I'm using two separate cables already. It's annoying as it worked fine for an hour or so when I first installed it playing a game!

I'll have another play tonight, clear out the drivers etc and see what it does.

Associate
Could you get close to liquid performance on air? With the vega 56, what voltage and clocks etc.

V64 bios, under volt to sub 1100, overclock to at least 1650mhz core and 1000 upwards on the ram - thats a long way towards Liquid v64, might even be faster in some cases.
Put an AIO on, you might see 1700+ on the core, 1100 ram and your flying.

Soldato
I did a clean install of the drivers, but didn't clear out the old ones. There is nothing in the Event Viewer, just logs when it starts back up and I'm using two separate cables already. It's annoying as it worked fine for an hour or so when I first installed it playing a game!

I'll have another play tonight, clear out the drivers etc and see what it does.

I Had the same problem, In my case the psu was on the way out and a swap fixed it. It was a fsp 850W Hydro gold. What would happen was a system reboot after a few mins of 3d load.

Associate
Getting an alphacool vega block in the next couple of days to add to my existing water cooling system, will let you know on temps soon.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just realised I bought my PSU in 2008.. Didn't realise it was that old!! Guess it's time for a new one. I'll get it ordered today, and hopefully it'll sort the problem.

Back
Top Bottom