• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
What's the highest core/hbm overclocks that people have attained on Vega 64 AIO for long term stability, what voltage used, etc?

Disable Vega 64 VRM and Core voltage monitoring in HWINFO. Having them enabled causes stuttering when gaming and pauses while browsing.

In my testing of synthetics and games, HBCC (High Bandwidth Cache) consistently shows a performance increase vs having it disabled, even when not video memory limited.

Cheers for info :) , at least anyone scratching their head when running monitoring will be aware what to do.

Pretty much any monitoring usually carries a 'over head', so when performing benchmarks or daily use I prefer not to use monitoring apps.

Martin Malik (aka Mumak on OCN) does superb support for his app and swift. There is a dedicated support thread on OCN for app, plus HWINFO Forum. I2C access on VEGA is totally disabled. So I'm guessing he's using AMD ADL, perhaps it is driver issue, if you report issues he will be able to know what's going on with a debug file from HWINFO, if need be he does then report to AMD issues with driver for monitoring.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I found problems going much beyond 16GB - around 19-20GB it caused problems. I have 32GB and with chrome open and little else beyond fairly minimal system tray apps/av etc I have 10.5GB used. Some benchmarks I needed to get down to the default 11GB range or slightly above that to get a clean run.

Some benchmarks didn't seem to like it enabled - e.g. they ran clean at 1980/1100 but not with HBCC enabled at any level.

I think its just a pre-cache cache for the HBCC but like Matt said the more you add the faster (benchmarks) go - some more than others (I got 700 points on firestrike std with 19GB enabled).

For normal use/gaming I probably wouldn't bother - I've disabled it and gone back to balanced-mode now for normal use. The faster the system RAM will probably also have an effect too.

Soldato
Just tried running Timespy with HBCC enabled - I scored a bit less; reduced from 7599 to 7433 which I suppose is within the margin of error. Similar story in the ROTR benchmark; dropped 1 FPS with HBCC enabled. I only have 16GB (@ 2666) so don't know if that was a factor or not...

Associate
I found problems going much beyond 16GB - around 19-20GB it caused problems. I have 32GB and with chrome open and little else beyond fairly minimal system tray apps/av etc I have 10.5GB used. Some benchmarks I needed to get down to the default 11GB range or slightly above that to get a clean run.

Some benchmarks didn't seem to like it enabled - e.g. they ran clean at 1980/1100 but not with HBCC enabled at any level.

I think its just a pre-cache cache for the HBCC but like Matt said the more you add the faster (benchmarks) go - some more than others (I got 700 points on firestrike std with 19GB enabled).

For normal use/gaming I probably wouldn't bother - I've disabled it and gone back to balanced-mode now for normal use. The faster the system RAM will probably also have an effect too.

Ok, thanks.
Out of the box the bios switch on the AIO card was 'to the left' I imagine that is the performace mode setting.

Is the no.2 setting a low power/lower clocks bios?.

Associate
True, it was a heads up rather than full blown explanation, on hind sight I should have gone into more depth :p ; thank you for picking up the ball I dropped ;) .

I have used separate cables since Hawaii, as then loading is being spread over separate cables/connectors, HTH someone.

It maybe possible, as soon as have a full VBIOS for AIO then will get it retested.

Sweet :D .

Any chance you can supply copy of both switch position VBIOS? grab AtiWinFlash v2.77 from this thread.

A member on OCN supplied incomplete copy, please make sure it's 256KB, cheers. A member who shared RX VEGA 64 AIR we have noted bios switch towards Display IO is higher PL and towards PCI-E is lower PL, VEGA FE also is this way, I would assume it is also the same for other VEGA cards.

Sorry, not going to get a chance this weekend to pull the bios for you.

Relatives coming for the weekend so no Vega for me until at least Monday.

Soldato
oooo look what has just shipped finally. I really hope I'm not going to get an issue with the rumoured different Vega chip heights.

35813312194_a2f2949f00_c.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I dont think my Corsair RM850 can manage this Vega 64 AIO as I have been getting no signal crashes while browsing the web.. seems to be 100% utilization in games though and fps seems normal.

The only time I crash is when browsing, could this be a driver issue? I've complete reinstalled 3 times.

Associate
I dont think my Corsair RM850 can manage this Vega 64 AIO as I have been getting no signal crashes while browsing the web.. seems to be 100% utilization in games though and fps seems normal.

The only time I crash is when browsing, could this be a driver issue? I've complete reinstalled 3 times.

Sounds like a driver bug; you can check if disabling hardware acceleration in your browser makes a difference.

Associate
Using any monitoring software?

Wattman is the only thing monitoring the gpu atm

Gonna try but the gpu in lower power mode see if it fixes.. the tachometer on the gpu is only 1 light when the crash happens its fine when running 3dmark extreme stress test. Firefox seems to be the only common culprit when it occurs.

Back
Top Bottom