1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Kaapstad, 14 Aug 2017.

1. MDPlatts

Man of Honour

28th August - RX Vega 56 "launch"

2. Besty

Mobster

242% power limit lol

3. WeSbO

Gangster

I do think Navi will be in an overall better situation as AMD will be going with TSMC, I think AMD are getting "screwed" over (probably not the right word) a bit by GloFo at the moment, their 14nm process just isn't there yet, I think AMD was still in the blind on quite a few things concerning Vega as early back as May.

Personally I might get an LC when the prices come down in X amount of months, gotta admit it's a f'in sexy gpu, a bit concerned about the reports of the rad getting really hot though

4. Kaapstad

Man of Honour

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.
    [​IMG]

Date 19/08/2017, Make Reference Air, CapitalOne, Link
    Date 18/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Chrisc, Link
    Date 18/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Richeh, Link
    Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, DazQ87, Link
    Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Smudge, Link
    Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference Air, ChosenName, Link
    Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference Air, mattyc123, Link
    Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference Air, WhistleBlower07, Link
    Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, Chewie, Link
    Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, nashathedog, Link
    Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, heartburnron, Link
    Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference Air, vanpeebles, Link
    Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Morve, Link
    Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Howling, Link
    Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Apache14, Link
    Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, Dianbobo, Link
    Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, ubersonic, Link
    Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, AMDMatt, Link
    Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, TonyTurbo78, Link
    Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, MDPlatts, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Vega 64.

5. nashathedog

Sgarrista

Due to the no signal crashes I've been getting I got a new PSU delivered today. Yesterday I made a couple of calls to OCUK and two different gent's told me that a Vega AIO will be fine with a good quality 750 watt or above PSU so I ordered a Corsair HX 850 which is a Platinum rated model, I paid extra for a Saturday delivery and it came early which was great, I spent an hour taking the PC apart and fitted the new PSU. I then turned the PC on and loaded a game, Within two or three minutes I got a no signal crash forcing me to reboot the PC, I then booted up and tried two different games and got the same result with both, a no signal crash forcing a reboot. I obviously got a dud. I phoned OCUK and as expected can't get it replaced due to a lack of stock so I'm getting a refund. I suppose I'll just have to wait for stock levels to improve. I'm still planning on getting a Vega so I'm going to keep the psu they delivered today.

Last edited: 19 Aug 2017
  6. MikeB

Wise Guy

That's my back up, would rather get the 64 if available at that price again

7. AmateurExpert

Gangster

Aw, that sucks. At least you know it was your card that's faulty. Perhaps the next one you get will be a silicon lottery winner!

8. melmac

Sgarrista

Oh man, that's a pain. Is there any chance you could try it in a different computer before you send it back?

9. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

That sucks nasha :(

10. Gerard

Caporegime

2 duds in a batch of around 30, (yours and matts), gonna be a pain in the ass waiting on replacement.

11. Merisimus

Associate

maybe mine also.. wont know till monday when I get a new psu. Always have the RX480 as backup.

12. heartburnron

Mobster

Jeeze you've been through the wringer trying to get your Vega! I'd be close to tears if I've been through what you have! You're luck has to change from here though...

13. CapitalOne

Wise Guy

Ok it's in, and on current benchmarks it's approx (edit -bad maths - make that +50%)+33% up on the RX480. It's also pretty quiet and not too hot.

Note to all, in order to get a signal I had to make sure that the 2 8pin PCIE power plugs were on separate sockets on the HX850i, i.e. no daisychaining! Finally, who thought it was a good idea to make those GPUTach switches microscopic XD

Last edited: 19 Aug 2017
  14. gthlm

Gangster

Mine arrived on wed and after I installed it I had two hard crashes, black screen, system frozen. Once playing PUBG, other while running Superposition benchmark. I was all set to go and order a bigger/better psu to replace my current corsair RM750.

But I slept on it, and it's been rock solid ever since. So idk...

15. AmateurExpert

Gangster

That's a very good point - it was obvious to me, but it's not obvious to everyone! Use separate PCIe power cables, and if you've got a modular-cable PSU, check your manual to see if it recommends particular sockets to use to distribute the load across different rails. If your PSU is a recent, higher capacity model, they tend not to have separate 12V rails so it doesn't matter, but otherwise you should check.

16. Dianbobo

Gangster

I've had no problems using the aio with a 750w power supply so far.

17. Dave2150

Sgarrista

Are you using two separate power cables from your PSU to each of the two 8pin PCI-E power connectors on the card?

If you want a Vega, I'd highly recommend not getting a refund, as you'll have to purchase it again when it's much more expensive. I highly doubt we'll ever see the AIO model for the £638.99 that we paid on launch day.

18. Dave2150

Sgarrista

Where did you get the 30 number from exactly? Your best guess, or are you privy to OCUK's shipping manifests? :p

19. AmateurExpert

Gangster

Perhaps these ones didn't fit:

[​IMG]

20. Gerard

Caporegime

It was mentioned that someone was on the phone to them and they said there were 30 aio cards on launch day. Seen the post last night on here somewhere.