• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
If the refresh rate goes above the top Freesync limit, then there will be tearing unless Vsync is enabled. In the drivers, there are four settings for Vsync (always off, off unless app specifies, on unless app specifies, always on) - what setting do you have this on for The Division?

Yep thanks for advice, I do get the whole freesync thing, I've had my screen for over 2 years. Its just freesync doesn't seem to be working for the division. I always have my vsync in driver set to always off and normally have a frtc set for 143fps. At the moment I'm just using a 72fps frtc whilst I await an EK full cover and backplate. With it set to 72fps the card isn't working all that hard and I can keep temps under 80c. Ran the in-game bench with the 72fps limit but could see blatant tearing so popped on vsync for now which has got rid of it.

Soldato
So apparently frtc doesn't work with The Division, and so it looks like Vega is fast enough to cause tearing with your settings; you might be able to get the in-game limiter (apparently buggy) to work.

that post is 8 months old. And it was definitely working because I was doing the benchmark where it shows you the fps overlay. I have FRTC set to 72fps (to keep temps down until I watercool) and it was clearly locked to 72fps in game, I wasn't using Vsync and I had the in game frame cap disabled. FRTC was clearly working, tearing was clearly happening at 72fps.

Since then I've just turned on Vsync and kept the 72fps frtc in place, smooth as butter, absolutely lovely to play.

Associate
that post is 8 months old. And it was definitely working because I was doing the benchmark where it shows you the fps overlay. I have FRTC set to 72fps (to keep temps down until I watercool) and it was clearly locked to 72fps in game, I wasn't using Vsync and I had the in game frame cap disabled. FRTC was clearly working, tearing was clearly happening at 72fps.

You're right - FRTC got fixed and then I see the release of ReLive drivers borked something else :rolleyes:
Does "Windowed (Fullscreen)" make a difference? Otherwise I'm out of ideas - @AMDMatt?

Soldato
Was just playing Shadow Warrior 2 with my overclock of 1907/1075 and got a warning from the Radeon Settings that the GPU temp had exceeded it's limit. It didn't affect performance or crash or anything but after checking Wattman the peak temperature it hit was 71 degrees. Still not hot compared to the air cards but certainly the highest I've seen it. I'm guessing the warning limit for the AOI cards is set to 70 degrees then? AMDMatt - can you confirm this? Is there any reason why the AOI cards would be at some sort of risk for running higher than that given the air cards go up to 85?

Last edited:
Soldato
Took 4 attempts but eventually managed to get the new drivers installed - kept getting the 'no signal' message then black screen with the occasional connect/disconnect notification sound. I did get a 1603 general error message after getting past the no signal problem and upon checking the log it is the HDMI audio driver that failed to install - I seem to get this every other time I updated my drivers, I assume it won't affect anything anyway given I'm using a DisplayPort connection anyway?

Soldato
Was just playing Shadow Warrior 2 with my overclock of 1907/1075 and got a warning from the Radeon Settings that the GPU temp had exceeded it's limit. It didn't affect performance or crash or anything but after checking Wattman the peak temperature it hit was 71 degrees. Still not hot compared to the air cards but certainly the highest I've seen it. I'm guessing the warning limit for the AOI cards is set to 70 degrees then? AMDMatt - can you confirm this? Is there any reason why the AOI cards would be at some sort of risk for running higher than that given the air cards go up to 85?

As a guess it might be something to do with the coolant temp and damaging the pump, most watercooling pumps have a max coolant temp tolerance of about 55-60c. A gpu core temp of 71c is fairly toasty for a loop which would mean your coolant temps would in turn be fairly high.

Back
Top Bottom