• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
I have a Nitro too, and just had a look at how the cooling is arranged; the heatpipes split up into two groups of fins at either end. In the middle there are almost no fins, and it's partially blocked by the logo on the shroud too. Thus it's no surprise that the middle fan doesn't improve cooling.

This seems to be quite common with triple fan coolers. The Fury that I had before the Vega 64 had a middle fan blocked almost entirely by the power connectors and the shroud. The Radeon VII that I am using now has the middle fan partially blocked by the logo on the shroud.
Ah now that explains a lot

Soldato
Anyone else with a Vega64 playing Cyberpunk with HBCC Memory Segment enabled. I put a post in the Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra performance thread. AMD logging reports over 9GB VRAM usage.

I hadn't even heard of HBCC memory segment, though will take a look and see if it helps.

I'm running 1440p High with a few bits disabled, motion blur, film grain etc. at a fixed 80% Fidelity FX. Looks great and 50fps - 70fps.
I am on water so just under 1700Mhz constant with a slight undervolt.

Soldato
Wut are you talking about ?:) My Sapphire one doesn't get over 70 on hotspot, I have it undervolted.

From his posts, Johnny bought at 3080 from a scalper for over £1K.... shame the 3080 uses 100W more power than Vega so I hope he enjoys his warm feet and empty wallet :D

My Vega is just fine in CP2077 and having tested RT with a 3060Ti, it's not something I'll be rushing out for any time soon.
I loaded up an area with a lot of neon lighting and thought wow... amazing... then I turned off RT and through.... ooh still looks amazing.... what am I missing?
After some walking about, you can see some of the lighting details and shadows are more realistic with RT but I have to look for it rather than it slaps me around the face.

Actually quite happy not to feel the need to upgrade for another generation.

4K monitors have a lot to answer for, I remain convinced that 1440p is the best balance until we have game ambivalent hardware upscaling.

Associate
From his posts, Johnny bought at 3080 from a scalper for over £1K.... shame the 3080 uses 100W more power than Vega so I hope he enjoys his warm feet and empty wallet :D

You forgot it also has quadruple-super-duper-uber performance to justify it :D

My Vega is just fine in CP2077

If your happy to play at 20FPS then that's all what matters right? ;)

Associate
you sold your car to buy a gpu:rolleyes::D sadly i need my car for work and provide for my kids, kids are more important that any gpu. :p

Yes I did. It may seem mental but at this moment in time having a beast of a PC is a more exciting prospect than maintaining a car in **** weather which won't be used much.
I don't have kids either. I am like the poor version of the Hugh Grant character in "About a Boy"... :p

Soldato
ah well no kids your free to let rip, i can slap a grand on my credit card and go buy one,but justifying that is another matter, though tbh is good fun having a lower end card and more rewarding,sometimes bloody frustrating i guess, trying to squeeze every bit of it, i can run cp at 1440p at medium at decent fps, its easiest thing in world to slap in a high end card at max setings, theres no challenge,lol.i been gaming 40yrs from pong to CP2077.
i dont need central heating to keep warm i have a extremely tosty overclocked vega 64 warming my room lolol

Soldato
You forgot it also has quadruple-super-duper-uber performance to justify it :D
If your happy to play at 20FPS then that's all what matters right? ;)

That tuber needs a new job. Right now, ~40fps at ultra settings 1440p, 50fps with static FXAA 80% Ultra and 55-70fps with my custom high settings ala digital foundry.
Really not seeing the quadruple performance...... but I can live the lower FPS, my fat wallet and my feet being a little cooler than yours. ;)

Associate
That tuber needs a new job. Right now, ~40fps at ultra settings 1440p, 50fps with static FXAA 80% Ultra and 55-70fps with my custom high settings ala digital foundry.
Really not seeing the quadruple performance...... but I can live the lower FPS, my fat wallet and my feet being a little cooler than yours. ;)

I simply don't believe you are getting 40-50 on ultra settings 1440p in Cyberpunk on a Vega card when that video shows 20FPS.

In terms of performance the 3080 blows Vega 64 out the proverbial stratosphere and consumes only 4 more watts.

You also forgot the 3080 can be undervolted by 50watts and still achieve the same stock clock speed.

So no matter how you try to slice it the 3080 is still by far more efficient and powerful. ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
I simply don't believe you are getting 40-50 on ultra settings 1440p in Cyberpunk on a Vega card when that video shows 20FPS.

In terms of performance the 3080 blows Vega out the proverbial stratosphere and consumes only 4 more watts than Vega 64.

You also forgot the 3080 can be undervolted by 50watts and still achieve the same stock clock speed.

The 3080 is still far more efficient no matter how you slice it.
if on water, i wouldnt be surprised, one thing i learnt on gpu never under estimate what some can do with their cards, i been having fun on the superposition bench and suprising to see some of those 64 core clocks

Soldato

In terms of performance the 3080 blows Vega 64 out the proverbial stratosphere and consumes only 4 more watts.

So no matter how you try to slice it the 3080 is still by far more efficient and powerful. ;)

I agree, the 3080 is ridiculously fast and way faster than Vega, no comparision..... , I never claimed anything else... have a cookie :D

You seem to really need to justify that purchase seeing as how much time you are devoting to finding links and posting in a Vega thread.
I thought lockdown was for gaming at 4K Ultra with RT... oh wait, erm.... my bad. Maybe next gen:)

There is something screwy with those power figures, Vega 64 didn't consume 100W more the Vega 56, the board power limit was ~ +20W.
Still my card has a nice undervolt, mild OC and sits at ~45C on a custom loop so is also silent and using nowhere near that power total.

My other VR PC has a 3060Ti in it. If Vega performance was as bad as you dream then I'd be playing CP2077 on that, or just upgrade the card in this PC.
As I said, no need to do so as I'm happy with the performance I get at 1440p. Somewhat a surprise as I was expecting to want an upgrade.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom