• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
Happy to report on my end that I found another Vega 64 Liquid Edition (MSI) in stock from another retailer, delivery scheduled for tomorrow :)

My "black screen" Sapphire has been sent back to OC UK for full refund this morning, really gutted a got dodgy one in the first place. My usual luck I guess... :(

Hope this one works out for you!!

Caporegime
Hmm, played with my new aio Vega from sapphire for a whole day yesterday and sadly it seems to be crashing after a few minutes of full load. I can run full firestrike at times or crash. Same in Witcher 3 or Destiny 2 beta. No artifacts or anything strange, then sudden black screen or dark gray with vertical darker strips and reboot few seconds later. No problems in less demanding games like WoW, unless I stress it up by for example setting 4k virtual resolution (so the GPU goes to over 95% use).

750W psu, wall usage only a bit above 500W, so way below PSU limits. Newest drivers. Fun fact, left it mining (Merito) for the night to see how that works, zero issues... Also run full firestrike stability test and no issues there either. Very confusing!

They just keep on coming :(

Soldato
Such a shame to hear of so many issues with your Vega cards guys, guess I've just been very lucky for a change. No coil noise and not one single crash yet unless it's been from me overclocking it to far with to little Volts.

I only get coil whine when it does silly FPS in game menus. Since I have a 4k FS monitor I tend to frame cap at 60Hz. I also think it's the AIO ones that are giving issues, aircooled versions have been solid from what I can see.

Associate
Such a shame to hear of so many issues with your Vega cards guys, guess I've just been very lucky for a change. No coil noise and not one single crash yet unless it's been from me overclocking it to far with to little Volts.
For what it's worth I had no issues with my Air 64 card. The crashes from my AIO 64 are unacceptable though. I regret not ordering a full EK loop system, hopefully the new AIO I have inbound will be fine.

Man of Honour
OP
NEW VEGA WATER :D
cXNFLTl.jpg

ENVZPYn.jpg

uOCknKh.jpg

Proof :D
UZrDVT1.jpg

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

k0HZfc3.png

Date 29/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, BadIronTree, Link
Date 28/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Neutral, Link
Date 26/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, iihavetoes, Link
Date 25/08/2017, Make Reference Air, disi, Link
Date 25/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, djbully, Link
Date 24/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Bonjour, Link
Date 24/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Kmodo, Link
Date 23/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, Dave2150, Link
Date 23/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Roughneck, Link
Date 21/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, diziet, Link
Date 19/08/2017, Make Reference Air, CapitalOne, Link
Date 18/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, NathG79, Link
Date 18/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Chrisc, Link
Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, DazQ87, Link
Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Smudge, Link
Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference Air, ChosenName, Link
Date 17/08/2017, Make Reference Air, mattyc123, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference Air, WhistleBlower07, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, Chewie, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, nashathedog, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, heartburnron, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference Air, vanpeebles, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Morve, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Howling, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Apache14, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, Dianbobo, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, ubersonic, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, AMDMatt, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, TonyTurbo78, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, MDPlatts, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Vega 64.

Associate
I'm still waiting on my Sapphire 64 Air from launch day. Messaged today and was told that the window for stock delivery was still 28th Aug till 11th Sept. Hope it'll be worth the wait. Has anybody received their "pre-order" from the unlucky bunch that missed out on launch day?

Associate
If you have the lower price to be delivered, its worth the wait I guess. In September and October I hope we get some variation maybe something clever from AIB would be nice to see

I was one of the lucky ones to get a Sapphire Vega 64 AC on launch day at MSRP from Scan and picked it up next day. Wouldn't play at all with my Thermaltake 700w 8 year old PSU so had to buy a FSP 850w Hydro-G PSU and the card really flies now. I suppose after 8 years I needed a new PSU. Upgraded from my Sapphire Tri-X Fury Pro and it's between 25-50% faster on my 144hz freesync monitor so happy with that. Not really sure what the AIB's can do with the power draw because if you look at the Asus Rog strix feature on Hexus when you O/C it the power draw goes even higher.

TBH the fan noise doesn't bother me and I rarely hear it. Tearing and stuttering on the other hand no thank you and this is totally eliminated with my current set up. Also no coil whine whatsoever. Used to get it with the Fury Pro mainly in game menus but now that has completely gone with Vega. I'm definitely not convinced with the undervolting as I've tried numerous settings with 50% extra power and all it did was reduce performance and increase the exhaust heat. It seems to be completely broken in Wattman ATM and it's a little annoying that things like DSBR, primitive shaders and packed math are not enabled but hopefully they'll fix it. For £450 which is only £25.00 more than I paid for my Fury Pro two years ago it was a no brainer. A 1080ti would have cost me another £200+ for at best 35% performance in DX11 games and a lot less in DX12. Plus my freesync monitor would have been redundant. So from my personal viewpoint a worthwhile upgrade for me but we all have to make our own decisions.

Associate
The aio one I have is the one I ordered on lunch day. Payment was a bit delayed by PayPal but got it last week for the lunch price.

Now, I found out few things, whilst testing my crashes with it.

Thing number one is that changing memory voltage doesn't work! As in, voltage don't change, no matter if I increase or decrease it. But memory isn't the issue here, as I downclocked it and still crashed (more about it later).

Thing number 2 is, that this card seems to be factory overclocked to the limits, hence it's crashing when it reaches full clocks for more than few seconds. I could increase voltages on the core but it's already very power hungry. I also couldn't undervolt it as that was instantly crashing it too.
Instead, I did the next logical thing and decreased clocks from 1750 to 1700. That's literally 1fps difference but what it let me do was to undervolt it to 1000mV from 1200mV! State 6 also undervolted to that value as doing it any lower didn't change voltage (or power used) at all, for both! Seems 1000mV is the allowed minimum. Though it does lower clocks a bit further (less than 1fps lost) by about 20Mhz.

And thing number 3 - managed to push my memory to 1100Mhz stable, with minimal power used increase. That recovered all lost FPS and added quite a few more!

With these settings the card is using about 100W+ less power (measured from the wall), is silent (low fan rpm) and seems to be fully stable (as tested in Heaven, Destiny beta and a few other benchmarks - one hour each)! \o/ It would seem I don't have to RMA or go Nvidia after all! :D But will give it till the end of the week to be sure.

Soldato
The aio one I have is the one I ordered on lunch day. Payment was a bit delayed by PayPal but got it last week for the lunch price.

Now, I found out few things, whilst testing my crashes with it.

Thing number one is that changing memory voltage doesn't work! As in, voltage don't change, no matter if I increase or decrease it. But memory isn't the issue here, as I downclocked it and still crashed (more about it later).

Thing number 2 is, that this card seems to be factory overclocked to the limits, hence it's crashing when it reaches full clocks for more than few seconds. I could increase voltages on the core but it's already very power hungry. I also couldn't undervolt it as that was instantly crashing it too.
Instead, I did the next logical thing and decreased clocks from 1750 to 1700. That's literally 1fps difference but what it let me do was to undervolt it to 1000mV from 1200mV! State 6 also undervolted to that value as doing it any lower didn't change voltage (or power used) at all, for both! Seems 1000mV is the allowed minimum. Though it does lower clocks a bit further (less than 1fps lost) by about 20Mhz.

And thing number 3 - managed to push my memory to 1100Mhz stable, with minimal power used increase. That recovered all lost FPS and added quite a few more!

With these settings the card is using about 100W+ less power (measured from the wall), is silent (low fan rpm) and seems to be fully stable (as tested in Heaven, Destiny beta and a few other benchmarks - one hour each)! \o/ It would seem I don't have to RMA or go Nvidia after all! :D But will give it till the end of the week to be sure.

I would RMA it if it's not stable at stock clocks. You'd have to sell it as faulty when the time comes and lose a lot of it's value.

Back
Top Bottom