• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
When mine played up, just sudden dark (black or dark grey with vertical strips) screen, whole pc froze and then reboot after few seconds.

If PSU wouldn't be good enough then usually it just instantly powers off instead. But considering how many people reported the issue, it might still be bios issue more than anything (something wrong with how they set up last state?). Teething issues...

Associate
I've had a few black screen crashes but that is from undervolting/overclocking, hopefully they can make it crash the driver/app rather than the whole system in the future; it seems to be super sensitive at the moment!

Associate
I am also having issues with the Vega 64 AIO. Playing Destiny 2 last night I got the black screen issue and previously sat at idle the screen will just turn off. On checking the card the there is no lights on the power tachometer.

Weirdly if I set the card to power save mode I get no issues at all. I am running a EVGA 850w P2 PSU so doubt it will be that.

Soldato
PSU is a brand new Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w. I'm running no overclocks or anything fancy. Two of the crashes were at 1 led of load on the card. Which position is the power save BIOS? To the left towards the outside of the case, or to the right pointing inside? :)

Associate
Power save bios is towards the back of the card (it seems to be changing only power limits tough). Max speed towards the front (poking out of the back of the case). In my case both caused crashes though, as it seems to be more clock related than power used.

Gladly, Overclockers UK give 30 days to return faulty product, so plenty of time to test it fully. :)

Associate
DPD due at 15:30, will be moving from a gtx1080. 100% side-grade but can use freesync and nvidia drivers have been causing issues with gears of war 4 for a while now.

Plus I like new hardware :D

Associate
PSU is a brand new Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w. I'm running no overclocks or anything fancy. Two of the crashes were at 1 led of load on the card. Which position is the power save BIOS? To the left towards the outside of the case, or to the right pointing inside? :)

Switch to the left is default bios and to right is secondary bios (which basically is the same power profile as for the default bios on the Air model)

Associate
I've got the air cooled version and its been rock solid. No crashes. :D From what I have read the water boys might have a different story .....

Associate
DPD due at 15:30, will be moving from a gtx1080. 100% side-grade but can use freesync and nvidia drivers have been causing issues with gears of war 4 for a while now.

Plus I like new hardware :D
Same here, I went from a Fury Pro to the 1080 and found that I noticed the tearing and juddering a lot more after having got used to Freesync so I will be back with the red team shortly. Plus the compute performance will be better which is a large part of what I actually do with my machine.

Associate
Same here, I went from a Fury Pro to the 1080 and found that I noticed the tearing and juddering a lot more after having got used to Freesync so I will be back with the red team shortly. Plus the compute performance will be better which is a large part of what I actually do with my machine.
I've never used freesync/gsync but from what I've read it should be a great improvement. I currently have the very same 1080 G1 as you do according to your sig :D

That reminds me, I need to update my sig!

Associate
I've never used freesync/gsync but from what I've read it should be a great improvement. I currently have the very same 1080 G1 as you do according to your sig :D

That reminds me, I need to update my sig!
Freesync is great. I'm not sure whether I notice tearing and judder because my monitor is so much bigger now (34" superwide) or because Freesync has spoiled me. Either way I had to back settings off on the 1080 to keep V-Sync to such an extent that I thought I may as well go Vega

Associate
Freesync is great. I'm not sure whether I notice tearing and judder because my monitor is so much bigger now (34" superwide) or because Freesync has spoiled me. Either way I had to back settings off on the 1080 to keep V-Sync to such an extent that I thought I may as well go Vega
Same here using an ultrawide (Samsung C34F791 - amazing screen). I could never get on with vsync due to the input lag, hence been putting up with screen tearing for a while now.

Associate
That was my thinking as well. I have ultra wide freesync monitor and had 1070 before. But no matter what I set games to, some would drop below 75fps (my vsync value) and cause stutter now and then. GPU is not the only thing that's responsible for FPS after all...

So I sold it well and got Vega instead of 1080. Way better experience now, even if top FPS might be lower than 1080ti would give me, however freesync helps a lot with random drops that always happen. :)

Back
Top Bottom