• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
I was bored so I flashed my AIR (with an EK block) with the liquid bios; flash worked fine but I was left with a proper liquid edition that doesn't do its boost block :D

So basically unless you hit the silicon lottery with your air and you can already OC to 1750 don't bother as it doesn't seem to have anything to let the core go any higher, you can goto 1250mV on the core in wattman but that didn't give my core any appreciable increase in ceiling (crashed at 1710, which is basically the same as 1697 at 1200mV)!

Back to stock bios now after that adventure.

Seems like they were too aggressive (reckless) with the binning of the liquid cards and you should definitely get a new one if its crashing on you since you paid a premium for that guaranteed bin!

Not so patiently waiting for working HBM voltage controls now as that seems to be the only way to get some better performance now without using the 300w to run the core at 1700ish....

Associate
Weirdly if I set the card to power save mode I get no issues at all. I am running a EVGA 850w P2 PSU so doubt it will be that.

Basically where I'm at as well. I have a new PSU (Corsair HX1000i) due to arrive today to replace the current RM750 which is a few years old now, and only an average PSU to begin with. Want to rule that out before I jump to any conclusions. I suspect my PSU is borderline as the card seems to be getting increasingly sensitive to the point that it is now only fully stable in power save mode, whereas balanced was fine initially.

Associate
Basically where I'm at as well. I have a new PSU (Corsair HX1000i) due to arrive today to replace the current RM750 which is a few years old now, and only an average PSU to begin with. Want to rule that out before I jump to any conclusions. I suspect my PSU is borderline as the card seems to be getting increasingly sensitive to the point that it is now only fully stable in power save mode, whereas balanced was fine initially.

goto custom and set the core to 1680-1700 instead of 1750; if that is stable then your GPU is a similar bin to the air cards and you should get it replaced!

Soldato
Anyone tried Undervolting? How you getting on, Ordered Ref and I will be doing a custom water loop near end of the year.. So in the mean time I will after put up for Ref cooler. I dont really care for the performance gain for overclocking just yet I just want a lower temp and noise.

Thanks

Associate
I've set mine to 1550mhz and 1000mV which equates to 1510-1535 depending on the load, with HBM at 1100 its still plenty quick; the GPU-Z beta says 180W power

Soldato
Does anybody have a card which doesn't crash? I wanted one of these, but now... i'm not sure. :(
There have been a few duds about but mine is rock solid - only crashes when I've been pushing the clocks with Benchmarks such as Time Spy. I have a very stable 100Mz overclock on the Memory and the core clock boosts up to 1750. Not a single crash playing games at either of the stock profiles or with the memory at 1045Mz.

Soldato
is that all your HBM can do? you can probably get the same performance at 50 less watts!
That's as far as I got it to go with a bit of an overclock on the core, I didn't actually try it past that leaving the core clock at stock - I'd spent pretty much all my time at the computer over the past week running benchmarks only for everything to change with the release of each driver so decided to start gaming again and stop using all my computer time running benchmarks. Not bothered about the watts savings at all but if you guys are getting more then I maybe run another wee test and see...

Associate
Yay, my Sapphire Vega64 AIO just shipped :D
I notice they are still saying pre-order on the site and a lot of other cards are in stock, so I guess they are proving to be quite popular with the enthusiast crowd.

This will be a nice upgrade from my GTX770 2G variant and now have to plot buying a Sammy 791 and selling my ROG Swift ..... I think the wife might actually notice that!

Associate
My memory does 1100 whatever the core is clocked to (I think this is quite lucky, although I've seen lots of people with that or 1090/1095), you might want to lower the core clock to rule out any power issues though; my core won't go over 1700 but I wouldn't run that daily anyway because of the crazy power use :D

Back
Top Bottom