• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
Behind the scenes at AMD, I've been working on some driver help content which has recently gone live on the AMD.com website. Thought some new AMD users may find it interesting.

Note, these need to be updated to mention Vega.

How to Configure AMD Radeon™ Settings to Get an Optimal Gaming Experience
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/DH-012.aspx

How to Capture Your Gameplay Using Radeon™ ReLive
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/DH-023.aspx

Looking gooood!

That was needed!

Associate
Can a kind soul with the Sapphire RX Vega 64 measure the length of the card, please? Sapphire's spec sheet has it at 272mm but OCUK lists it at 280mm. My new case is limited to max 280mm card length so want to check if it will fit ok! Thanks.

Associate
Can a kind soul with the Sapphire RX Vega 64 measure the length of the card, please? Sapphire's spec sheet has it at 272mm but OCUK lists it at 280mm. My new case is limited to max 280mm card length so want to check if it will fit ok! Thanks.
I measure 270mm from the internal case wall at the PCI-E slot to the rear of the card. It's probably 280 if you include the overhang on the bracket.

Soldato
I measure 270mm from the internal case wall at the PCI-E slot to the rear of the card. It's probably 280 if you include the overhang on the bracket.

Just to confirm what Paul posted, I just measured mine.

Length from end to end including bracket overhang = 280mm
Length of card from internal case = 270(ish)

Associate
Hi forum members, any help with my previous post would be appreciated:

Just wanted some advice as I was looking for a nice utility that overlays info about fps, GPU usage, power etc while running games. Any suggestions welcome.

Also some of my classic favourites I cannot test/run, Dead Space 1,2,3 allowed me to enable v sync/FXAA in Radeon pro tool but this does not seem to be working with the Vega 64, has anyone tried or have a fix, or an alternative tool (D3dOverider does not seem to work)

Also Crysis 3 drops frames badly for example in level one when he is given the bow and you wonder out to where you start using the bow on the raining scene- frames drop crazy - very strange, anybody else tried this on Vega64 Liquid?

Thanks in advance...

Associate
Behind the scenes at AMD, I've been working on some driver help content which has recently gone live on the AMD.com website. Thought some new AMD users may find it interesting.

Note, these need to be updated to mention Vega.

How to Configure AMD Radeon™ Settings to Get an Optimal Gaming Experience
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/DH-012.aspx

How to Capture Your Gameplay Using Radeon™ ReLive
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/DH-023.aspx

Curious about Shader Cache, as I & others had problems with it in DOOM.
With shader cache on, the load times were insane, even after a few plays of the game.
Yet turning it off massively reduced the load times.

Any idea if this may be down to the driver or if it's the game?

Guessing game, as it's the only game we've had to do this with, so far.

Soldato
Hi forum members, any help with my previous post would be appreciated:

Just wanted some advice as I was looking for a nice utility that overlays info about fps, GPU usage, power etc while running games. Any suggestions welcome.

Also some of my classic favourites I cannot test/run, Dead Space 1,2,3 allowed me to enable v sync/FXAA in Radeon pro tool but this does not seem to be working with the Vega 64, has anyone tried or have a fix, or an alternative tool (D3dOverider does not seem to work)

Also Crysis 3 drops frames badly for example in level one when he is given the bow and you wonder out to where you start using the bow on the raining scene- frames drop crazy - very strange, anybody else tried this on Vega64 Liquid?

Thanks in advance...
For on screen display information you could try HWINFO64, MSI Afterburner or CAM. Can't help you with your Dead Space issue. For Crysis 3, what kind of frame drops are we talking about? Below 30 FPS? Crysis 3 is still a tough game to run and will drop 30 FPS when looking from one direction to another at times - if that is what you mean then it's likely to be normal, if your frame rates are actually dropping below 30 FPS then that would suggest there is an issue somewhere.

Associate
Thanks heartburnron, no overall it hits 60 frames beautifully - it was only a particular area i noted so far.

I would say though the best i have seen this game running is using the Radeon 295X2 (x2) (2 physical dual cards)) in crossfire I owned before I had the fury X
System is running Corsiar AX1200i PSU, Corei7, 32GB ram and NVME Samsung 960pro via Asus MG279Q freesync monitor

Thanks for your advice on the tools, much appreciated...

Associate
After feeling confident with the performance of my replacement AIO 64, I decided to update to 17.8.2 and the new card started crashing within a few minutes launching a game. I rolled back to 17.8.1 and haven't crashed. I'm happy it seems stable on 17.8.1 but definitely worried since I've seen AMDMatt post several videos of his AIO 64 running just fine on 17.8.2. If this card starts to have issues again, I'll probably be done with Vega and just get a 1080Ti. Whatever is going on with this AIO cards is absurd.

Soldato
After feeling confident with the performance of my replacement AIO 64, I decided to update to 17.8.2 and the new card started crashing within a few minutes launching a game. I rolled back to 17.8.1 and haven't crashed. I'm happy it seems stable on 17.8.1 but definitely worried since I've seen AMDMatt post several videos of his AIO 64 running just fine on 17.8.2. If this card starts to have issues again, I'll probably be done with Vega and just get a 1080Ti. Whatever is going on with this AIO cards is absurd.
Was it crashing at stock settings? I ask because my card no longer clocks as high on 17.8.2 and will crash if I try to play with the increased custom clocks that were perfectly stable on 17.8.1...

Soldato
It might be worth reinstalling 17.8.2 just to be sure. I updated via the software and it didn't install properly leading to a ton of crashes. I downloaded it direct from the website, reinstalled and it was fine.

Associate
It might be worth reinstalling 17.8.2 just to be sure. I updated via the software and it didn't install properly leading to a ton of crashes. I downloaded it direct from the website, reinstalled and it was fine.
^ This. I've had problems in the past with both 7990s and 295X2s that looked like they were borked (BSODs, black screens, crashes etc.) but on wiping the drivers and reinstalling it fixed up all the issues.

Caporegime
Looks like ill be sending my 64 back having issues with it freezing up

AHPryXo.gif

Back
Top Bottom